***** The Official Rangers vs Ayr United Thread *****

daly again?! why does ally continue to play him, when was the last time he scored?

I think the answer is fucking obvious. The entire tactics are set around him.

It's almost 4.00am here and if we play long high balls to the head of Daly I'm going to be real pissed off because I've missed my sleep again to watch dross.

Slightly disappointed with that 11, but I understand why he's going with an experienced team. Can you imagine the flak he'd get if he actually lost a game?

Playing a couple of talented youth players does not = losing despite what Ally may think. Who would you think is more likely to score right now a kid like Gallagher with everything to prove and up for the match or Daly who's totally burnt out and looked uninterested for weeks?

Playing a couple of talented youth players does not = losing despite what Ally may think. Who would you think is more likely to score right now a kid like Gallagher with everything to prove and up for the match or Daly who's totally burnt out and looked uninterested for weeks?

You're right regarding using young players, of course you are. But losing a game is losing a game no matter how you look at it. My point is that losing the unbeaten record in the league at this stage of the season would bring a shit-storm the like of which not seen so far this season, imo. Ally will field his 'strongest' 11 (in his eyes). You could also argue he's thinking that he's protecting some of the younger ones by not playing them, and avoiding the perils of losing the unbeaten run.

If that makes any sense!

Surprises me more that he didn't start them when purposely using them for this game with Hegarty and Little in the u20 squad.

Yea it surprises me too. If I got told they were in the squad I would have expected them to be playing since they're missing out on an important Under 20 game.

The Under 20's are up 1-0 within 3 minutes.

You're right regarding using young players, of course you are. But losing a game is losing a game no matter how you look at it. My point is that losing the unbeaten record in the league at this stage of the season would bring a shit-storm the like of which not seen so far this season, imo.

I guess it depends how it was hypothetically lost. If we put out a team that had a few kids in and we were trying something different with a eye on next season and lost i would be disappointed yes but i would understand and be pleased Ally had the guts to do it. If we lost with our team as it is tonight and the best tactics was long ball to Daly then yes id be angry but even more so that we sacrificed playing youth for an unbeaten run that didn't even happen.

RANGERS: Bell; Foster, McCulloch, Mohsni, Smith; Black, Peralta; Aird, Shiels, Law; Daly.

SUBS: Simonsen, Clark, Faure, Hutton, Crawford, Gallagher, Telfer.

That is the reason McCoist shocked be sacked, Ally McCoist the man responsible for blowing our most unique chance in history.

Get out of my club!

Slightly disappointed with that 11, but I understand why he's going with an experienced team. Can you imagine the flak he'd get if he actually lost a game?

We have just as much chance as winning with the hungry youth players than burnt out bored old aged players like Daly.

I guess it depends how it was hypothetically lost. If we put out a team that had a few kids in and we were trying something different with a eye on next season and lost i would be disappointed yes but i would understand and be pleased Ally had the guts to do it. If we lost with our team as it is tonight and the best tactics was long ball to Daly then yes id be angry but even more so that we sacrificed playing youth for an unbeaten run that didn't even happen.

Fair points well made. I did edit my other post as to why Ally might not play some younger players, but when you put it like that, then you'd hope the majority of fans felt the same as you do. I'm not entirely certain that they would.

For the record though, I reckon Gallagher would run riot at Ibrox tonight! (tu)

Fair points well made. I did edit my other post as to why Ally might not play some younger players, but when you put it like that, then you'd hope the majority of fans felt the same as you do. I'm not entirely certain that they would.

For the record though, I reckon Gallagher would run riot at Ibrox tonight! (tu)

I second that mate (tu)

I don't think he would get a great deal of flak if he lost the game but had tried something totally different, like, play some of the youngsters, put guys in their proper positions and attempt to play entertaining football.