Do You Support The Scottish National Team?

RM Scotland Poll  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Support The Scottish National Team?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time for a British team in my opinion.

The hatred spewed in our direction over the last couple of years from other Scottish clubs 'fans' leaves Scottish football forever tainted in my eyes.

I used to go to a lot of the Scotland games. Even travelled to abroad to see them and it was great. After admin though, it really did feel like you were supporting the SFA's team along with a bunch of Rangers haters and it put me off going back.

My dad had a spare ticket for the first game of the World Cup qualifiers there and couldn't find anyone to take it so I reluctantly went along and it was one of the strangest games I've been to. I remember Naismith had a chance one on one with the goalie and I thought to myself 'miss, you wee cunt'.

I don't hold it against any Rangers supporter for still supporting the national team. I just can't go stand in a crowd with a bunch of Rangers hating teuchters and cheer on the likes of Whitaker, Naismith and McGregor.

So until the wounds heal, I couldn't care less about the national team.

Time for a British team in my opinion.

The hatred spewed in our direction over the last couple of years from other Scottish clubs 'fans' leaves Scottish football forever tainted in my eyes.

Aye, that and the behaviour of the sfa over the years, Stein, Souness, Ferguson to name but a few.

I'm one of the generation where following the Scotland was just an extension of following Rangers, but no more, I'll never go to another Scotland game at any level.

When I was young we went to the Rangers End at Hampden and stood among 10s of thousands of fellow bears. Now it's like a secessionist, Anti Rangers rally. Fuck them.

Are the players even Scottish?

Aye, that and the behaviour of the sfa over the years, Stein, Souness, Ferguson to name but a few.

I'm one of the generation where following the Scotland was just an extension of following Rangers, but no more, I'll never go to another Scotland game at any level.

When I was young we went to the Rangers End at Hampden and stood among 10s of thousands of fellow bears. Now it's like a secessionist, Anti Rangers rally. Fuck them.

That pretty much sums up my view. Good post. (tu)

Think it was around 1988 I realised they were shite and the fans highly embarrassing. I cringe when I see the words " tartan army foot soldier"

I imagine a wee fat cunt in a skirt wearing timberlands Scotland top and the obligitory stupid

Hat with feather covered in badges can of mcewans export in hand

No interest in Scotland what so ever

i'll support scotland at any other sport but the football team,the sfa and the tartan bigots that support them can go and take a fuck to themselves

exactly and only this.

fuckin love the Scotland rugby team.i always feel the passio and fervour, the rivalry with the other 6nations teams and fans are genuine and historic, and the players real patriots but totally respect each others skill and spirit.

the lone piper on the roof of murrayfield with the patron of scottish rugby, the Princess Royal in the crowd belting out FOS and GSOQ when we play england.it is everything that is generated by the players , the pipes and the crowd that makes my hair stand on end with pride of being a Scots.

but thats rugby, different.

our track and field athlete s cry tears of pride during medal ceremonies under a union jack and spend their lives dreaming of being an olympian representing Great Britain.

ive never been to hampden to watch the football other than to see the Rangers.

we might be shite at the moment, but all those in our parts of the stadium get right behind the bears in blue on the park.

my cousin was at hampden to see the captain of rangers and scotland equalize against italy surrounded by over a hundred cunts refusing to cheer instead booi g and shouting" ye wur affside ya durty jammy h** bastard".

I didnt bat an eyelid when caldwell scored against france watching on the box.

but didnt boo or slag him or call him a dirty fenian bastard, I just didnt celebrate a goal scored by a player who is also proud every week to represent those who sing songs of terrorists who have killed and maimed fellow british citizens.how could I?

My cousin hasnt looked at a scotland result since walking out and missing italy, s winner.

thats it in a nutshell for me really.

No Surrender

Rab

exactly and only this.

fuckin love the Scotland rugby team.i always feel the passio and fervour, the rivalry with the other 6nations teams and fans are genuine and historic, and the players real patriots but totally respect each others skill and spirit.

the lone piper on the roof of murrayfield with the patron of scottish rugby, the Princess Royal in the crowd belting out FOS and GSOQ when we play england.it is everything that is generated by the players , the pipes and the crowd that makes my hair stand on end with pride of being a Scots.

but thats rugby, different.

our track and field athlete s cry tears of pride during medal ceremonies under a union jack and spend their lives dreaming of being an olympian representing Great Britain.

ive never been to hampden to watch the football other than to see the Rangers.

we might be shite at the moment, but all those in our parts of the stadium get right behind the bears in blue on the park.

my cousin was at hampden to see the captain of rangers and scotland equalize against italy surrounded by over a hundred cunts refusing to cheer instead booi g and shouting" ye wur affside ya durty jammy h** bastard".

I didnt bat an eyelid when caldwell scored against france watching on the box.

but didnt boo or slag him or call him a dirty fenian bastard, I just didnt celebrate a goal scored by a player who is also proud every week to represent those who sing songs of terrorists who have killed and maimed fellow british citizens.how could I?

My cousin hasnt looked at a scotland result since walking out and missing italy, s winner.

thats it in a nutshell for me really.

No Surrender

Rab

While im not calling your cousin a liar.....I highly doubt that to be true.

Pretty much my experience. And at times there weren't a lot of Rangers players in the team but still gave them a 110% support. Now? I actually dislike these fat, ugly bastards with their ill fitting kilts and rent-a -jimmy attire.

I recall Black getting a hard time when he came on for Scotland from those cheeky chappies in their kilts.

Ian Black did.

I'm just saying I was at that game and didn't hear hundreds of people screaming 'miss it you dirty *** bastard'

Plenty of players down the line have received stick from their own fans due to their club allegiances, it's not just restricted to Rangers players.