Charlie Telfer to Dundee United?

More damningly, I'd argue that the stats for young players over the past two years are only as "high" as they are because in the div 3 season he had little choice at stages because of injuries, suspensions, sackings and the transfer ban. But for that, I doubt that Crawford, McKay,even MacLeod, wouldn't have got a look in.

Nah me either.

Best he could hope for is another no 2 role and he'd maybe even struggle to get that job after what he's done to us.

I sometimes wonder what Walter saw in him. Walter must have saw something? Walter was bad cop, Ally good cop?

screenshot-2014-05-14-22-50-35.png

More damningly, I'd argue that the stats for young players over the past two years are only as "high" as they are because in the div 3 season he had little choice at stages because of injuries, suspensions, sackings and the transfer ban. But for that, I doubt that Crawford, McKay,even MacLeod, wouldn't have got a look in.

Correct.

Necessity as opposed to choice.

I can't believe this topic has reached the number of pages it has.

I don't rate McCoist, but people are simply taking advantage of another opportunity to have a go at McCoist.

Charlie Telfer is a wee boy that very few of us know a great deal about, regardless of how often people claim to check the Youth section on our website, play Football Manager, etc.

We've seen a whole host of young players make appearances for the first team over the past two years, some of whom couldn't even dream of doing so without our unfortunate circumstances, so to suggest that McCoist doesn't invest in youth is false.

This is not news. It's nowhere to be seen on any official website. It is literally irrelevant.

We've seen a whole host of young players make appearances for the first team over the past two years, some of whom couldn't even dream of doing so without our unfortunate circumstances, so to suggest that McCoist doesn't invest in youth is false.

so the young guys wouldnt have had a chance without our unfortunate circumstances, but we've to give mccoist credit for the youths coming through

not really getting that one tbh, its either one or the other, ally bringing through youths or our circumstances forced it

I can't believe this topic has reached the number of pages it has.

I don't rate McCoist, but people are simply taking advantage of another opportunity to have a go at McCoist.

Charlie Telfer is a wee boy that very few of us know a great deal about, regardless of how often people claim to check the Youth section on our website, play Football Manager, etc.

This is not news. It's nowhere to be seen on any official website. It is literally irrelevant.

Good Post.

I'm Betting the most of the posters complaining about this have never seen him play. But are using this just to have a go.

some of have only seen him on any brief highlights of any youth games

however when he has more caps for scotland under 19's than he does appearances for the rangers first team who have just finished a second season playing part timers, you have to ask the question surely