The Miller Situation

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Miller is an improvement on what we currently have. He's a typical Rangers signing in that he'd not as bad as his detractors are claiming and not as good as his fans are harping about.

He's better than what we have, but that money could absolutely be better spent.

Award for the most depressing thread.

Can we not for once look forward long term and find a solution instead of always looking back at the glory days.

I didn't pluck it out of thin air, it's clearly a very real possibility. Also this thread is nowhere near to most depressing on RM :lol:

Personally I'll wait and see if he can do the biz for us. If he can and on a reasonable wage then good. I too yearn for fresh talent and youth prospects but if he does sign I'll certainly cheer him on.

I don’t see why there is such difference of opinion about bringing back Miller and Boyd. As it stands we cannot spend money on better players, the players we could bring in are either untested at this level or are simply not good enough to warrant a starting slot. If the rumours are to believed Daly is set to call it a day, Shields is ready to be punted and Clark is our only real striker. We need to realise that getting two proven goal scores for free, on a small wage (both have made their money and have an affinity with the club) gives us better options up front. Boyd and Miller might be older but they are definitely better quality that what we currently have. Sometimes you have to go backward to go forwards.

I don’t see why there is such difference of opinion about bringing back Miller and Boyd. As it stands we cannot spend money on better players, the players we could bring in are either untested at this level or are simply not good enough to warrant a starting slot. If the rumours are to believed Daly is set to call it a day, Shields is ready to be punted and Clark is our only real striker. We need to realise that getting two proven goal scores for free, on a small wage (both have made their money and have an affinity with the club) gives us better options up front. Boyd and Miller might be older but they are definitely better quality that what we currently have. Sometimes you have to go backward to go forwards.

both of them are mercenaries and will go where they get the best offer, in this day and age I didnt think any Rangers fan was niaive enough to think players have an affinity with any club to accept low wages!!

Hopefully we get him and Boyd for some much needed know how.With Hutchinson and Gunning shoring up the defence,we should be well covered to push on and win the Championship.

Is this the same Gunning that missed a back-header to allow Aberdeen to score their third goal last night?

I dont agree with The Miller signing..

What i will say, knowing Kenny as i do, The players who underperform every week, swanning about park doing just enough are in for one almighty shock as he's the moaniest guy i've ever seen on a park.

He was gobsmacked at some of their effort when he was in training.

We need to realise where we are and who we can bring in. I keep thinking back to the chances Shiels and Daly had in the semi final. Miller would have put at least one of them away.

And Boyd would have scored all seven.

Don't want Boyd or Miller but a 35 year old Miller is probably fitter than a 30 y.o pie-eating Boyd.

Wish to fuk Rangers would stop trying to go forwards by looking backwards.,

If I had to choose I'd take Boyd over Miller. Boyd actually looks like he's improved his overall game since he left us. Miller is considerably worse.

skarkev - "Both are short term solutions to long term issues and we can't continue to operate like this!"

So where will the cash for all of these long term solutions come from? Or are you suggesting we should hang about the championship for a couple of seasons where we hopefully get enough quality young players cheap to develop into an SPL winning side. I have no doubt further down the line that there will be a better development system installed at the club, but at the moment we have to concentrate on getting back to he top table a.s.a.p., anything else would be disaster. Long term planning costs both time and money, things we don't have either off.

skarkev - "Both are short term solutions to long term issues and we can't continue to operate like this!"

So where will the cash for all of these long term solutions come from? Or are you suggesting we should hang about the championship for a couple of seasons where we hopefully get enough quality young players cheap to develop into an SPL winning side. I have no doubt further down the line that there will be a better development system installed at the club, but at the moment we have to concentrate on getting back to he top table a.s.a.p., anything else would be disaster. Long term planning costs both time and money, things we don't have either off.

A voice of reason,if anyone thinks we are a given in the Championship with this team and a few promising youngsters,then they are seriously misled....

both of them are mercenaries and will go where they get the best offer, in this day and age I didnt think any Rangers fan was niaive enough to think players have an affinity with any club to accept low wages!!

If that's the case then why are the players that left instead of transferring their contracts called traitors then? It's not naivety to think that because the players have stated that they would love to come back that they have an affinity to the club and that they have also been reported as saying that they wouldn't be difficult to negotiate with over wages.

Too much sense for this forum m8