celtic confirm Ronny Deila as new manager

The Scottish Sun @ScottishSun

Norwegian Ronny Deila is poised to be named as Celtic's new manager#

keith jackson @tedermeatballs

Ronny Deila has emerged as serious candidate for Celtic job. Expect official approach to be made today. Told this could move swiftly.

Sources in Norway say Deila has already been offered the Celtic job. Jeezo that was quick. It's moving more swiftly than i imagined!!

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ronny Deila has emerged as serious candidate for Celtic job. Expect official approach to be made today. Told this could move swiftly.

Sources in Norway say Deila has already been offered the Celtic job. Jeezo that was quick. It's moving more swiftly than i imagined!!

Somebody wants to corner a cheap market.

About him :

Ronny Deila (born 21 September 1975) is a former Norwegian football player and since the 2008 season, he has been the coach for Strømsgodset in Tippeligaen.[1] He played for Urædd, Odd Grenland and Viking before joining Strømsgodset as playing assistant coach in 2006. Under coach Dag-Eilev Fagermo he was the assistant until the end of 2007, when Fagermo decided to move to Odd Grenland. Deila was then promoted to head coach, and at the same time he retired as a player.

In 2010 he won the Norwegian Cup, and in 2013 he won the *Norwegian Premier League with Strømsgodset, as manager.

I don't think we should consider him a joke appointment.

960x.jpg

He was very big in the 80s

This is the moment music died.

No idea who he is or how good he is.

At least they have spread their net out wide and not just plumped for any ex player.

Hopefully we can do the same and not plump with a talentless manager who loves the club but is rank rotten.

Hmmm, he's quite a dynamic manager who's star is rising. This could be a coup for them.

Bastards.

Nah. The crowd won't accept him. He's not at all Irishy. He's not at all Catholicy. He's not at all republicany. He's not a known trouble maker. He isn't a big name. He doesn't even have a blog about Rangers, FFS!

The lad's on to a loser. He'll be gone by Xmas, even if he has a perfect record, which he won't. He's just a an easy option for a period of downsizing with his knowledge of a cheap market.

where abouts in Oirland is he from?

Tee Hee

http://en.wikipedia....iki/Ronny_Deila

Ronny Deila

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ambox_content.png This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. Please help by adding reliable sources. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately, especially if potentially libelous or harmful. Ronny Deila 220px-Ronny_Deila_%288200106239%29.jpg Personal information Date of birth 21 September 1975 (age 38) Place of birth Porsgrunn, Norway Height 1.88 m (6 ft 2 in) Playing position Defender Club information Current club Strømsgodset Youth career Urædd Senior career* Years Team Apps† (Gls)† 1992 Urædd 1993-2004 Odd Grenland 240 (22) 2005 Viking 23 (0) 2006-2008 Strømsgodset 43 (6) National team Norway U17 9 (0) Norway U18 3 (0) Norway U21 2 (0) Teams managed 2005 Brodd 2008- Strømsgodset * Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.

† Appearances (Goals).

Ronny William Boyne Deila (born 21 September 1975) is a Norwegian formerfootballer who has been the coach for Strømsgodset since the 2008 season.[1]He played for Urædd, Odd Grenland and Viking before joining Strømsgodset as playing assistant coach in 2006. Under coach Dag-Eilev Fagermo he was the assistant until the end of 2007, when Fagermo decided to move to Odd Grenland. Deila was then promoted to head coach, and at the same time he retired as a player.

In 2010 he won the Norwegian Cup, and in 2013 he won the Norwegian Premier League with Strømsgodset, as manager.

What happened to Gus Hiddink and David Moyes?

Could be good for them but could just as easily be terrible. Winning the Norwegian League with that side is impressive but it could favour us when we return that he has no experience of Glasgow derbys.

Be quick to jump the gun and take the piss all you want, but stretching further distances to find the best men for jobs is exactly what we've been asking for for years. This could be a good bit of business.

How ? He's too young and inexperienced at handling clowns like stokes and the Lego eater.

It's not best man for the job they're going for, it's cheapest

I'm jealous of Celtic fans the now, I want a new manager. :lol:

Yeah the way I see it if we were getting him I'd be really excited right now, it would be refreshing when Ally goes if we got a manager who wasn't an ex-player or a coach in Scotland

Yeah the way I see it if we were getting him I'd be really excited right now, it would be refreshing when Ally goes if we got a manager who wasn't an ex-player or a coach in Scotland

Just reading about the guy how he likes to play the attackin football etc. I'd want that for us. But us as fans demand winning games. 3 defeats on a trot and your heads wanted.