celtic confirm Ronny Deila as new manager

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is, there is no way they'll lose the league title so they really can't lose by giving this guy a shot. He might turn into a good manager for them, he may be shit - but he'll still win the title.

If he's shit they'll get rid of him and get someone new in to compete with us when they've actually got some kind of competition in the league.

Quite embarrassing froma a bunch of big names to someone no one has heard of. It's funny Peter. L keeps saying there is so many candidates, really???

I don't think anyone wants to touch it in reality.

The extremely intelligent punters( hahahahah) they spoke to outside Parkhead today said they didn't know who he was so they didn't want him

The beggars are in bother very soon over the land deals corruption saga and I feel a few have got wind of this .

I hope the scum get this guy as it will never sit well with the diehard support among them for previously stated reasons .

What made me laugh was all the unwashed outside the ground getting interviewed saying "Kean was never the man for the job" :000000082: .Don' you just love these comedians .

This naive young football romantic will flood the box with players and get hit repeatedly on the break.

I reckon not only that Ally can take him easily, but that he can't fail to.

Next season's ST sales for the scum will be interesting, since they've lost the "politically"(actually sectarian) fanaticism without YellowFang's rabid utterings and don't have a challenge. They're on a downsizing spiral, with the GCC Co-op thing hanging over their heads.

He's a poor man's cheapo Tony Mowbray.

This naive young football romantic will flood the box with players and get hit repeatedly on the break.

Next season's ST sales for the scum will be interesting, since they've lost the "politically"(actually sectarian) fanaticism without YellowFang's rabid utterings and don't have a challenge. They're on a downsizing spiral, with the GCC Co-op thing hanging over their heads.

Agree with this, they have very serious allegations hanging over their head, sold their best players over the last couple of years, Hooper, Ledley, Wanyama, Ki & probably Forster & Van Dijk this summer, now gone for a Norwegian unknown, this Co-Op matter is looming, I think Liewell knows a storm is coming, heard their ST is sitting at 16k, way down on last season

I would love to share your optimism about this being a certain mistake.

If you look at their managers of the last few decades only O'Neil and WGS were genuine heavy weights you were sure would work out. Beyond them:

Success - Jansen (universally unpopular on appointment),

Failure - Dr Jo, John Barnes, Tony Mowbrey

I'm not going to classify Lennon. He was always going to play well with their lowest common denominator. It saved him being sacked when we were a mile in front in the first half of our last SPL season.

You can't fault them for their willingness to take bold decisions. Only once though has that really paid off with Jansen. Failure by this guy to reach the Champions League and no matter how much they spin the young manager, long term plan, bringing on talent line the stands will be empty. Where do the board go then? Presumably they spend as they had to do with O'Neil and presumably they'd justify that with the need to get back in the CL and face down our challenge.

None of us genuinely know what this guy has to offer. If we'd sacked McCoist and were willing to think beyond obvious candidates like Billy Davis or Derek McInnes in this way I'd be encouraged. I'd also be crossing my fingers mind!

A manager that's took a team to their first title in 40 years isn't someone we should be laughing at, let's concentrate on our own mess before this thread comes back to haunt us.

I would love to share your optimism about this being a certain mistake.

If you look at their managers of the last few decades only O'Neil and WGS were genuine heavy weights you were sure would work out. Beyond them:

Success - Jansen (universally unpopular on appointment),

Failure - Dr Jo, John Barnes, Tony Mowbrey

I'm not going to classify Lennon. He was always going to play well with their lowest common denominator. It saved him being sacked when we were a mile in front in the first half of our last SPL season.

You can't fault them for their willingness to take bold decisions. Only once though has that really paid off with Jansen. Failure by this guy to reach the Champions League and no matter how much they spin the young manager, long term plan, bringing on talent line the stands will be empty. Where do the board go then? Presumably they spend as they had to do with O'Neil and presumably they'd justify that with the need to get back in the CL and face down our challenge.

None of us genuinely know what this guy has to offer. If we'd sacked McCoist and were willing to think beyond obvious candidates like Billy Davis or Derek McInnes in this way I'd be encouraged. I'd also be crossing my fingers mind!

They are in a position to experiment, with no competition and a safe place in the top tier and easy access to the CL qualifiers.

We don't really have that luxury. We have to win the league next year and experimentation can be costly.

He also will lack the OF experience which is something which we don't and certainly that aspect of signing Miller pleases me, even if it is short term.

They are in a position to experiment, with no competition and a safe place in the top tier and easy access to the CL qualifiers.

We don't really have that luxury. We have to win the league next year and experimentation can be costly.

He also will lack the OF experience which is something which we don't and certainly that aspect of signing Miller pleases me, even if it is short term.

Miss the champions league… out the Europa… few ropey results in the league and say only a 3 or 4 point lead… lose Foster and a few others

Miss the champions league… out the Europa… few ropey results in the league and say only a 3 or 4 point lead… sell a few players… cheap replacements looking weak… fans on their backs...

Can you imagine drawing them in such circumstances in the cup at Ibrox and Miller nicking an early goal!

I agree they have a chance to experiment knowing realistically we're 2 years from a serious challenge. Equally though they simply cannot afford to miss the champions league.

Miss the champions league… out the Europa… few ropey results in the league and say only a 3 or 4 point lead… lose Foster and a few others

Miss the champions league… out the Europa… few ropey results in the league and say only a 3 or 4 point lead… sell a few players… cheap replacements looking weak… fans on their backs...

Can you imagine drawing them in such circumstances in the cup at Ibrox and Miller nicking an early goal!

I agree they have a chance to experiment knowing realistically we're 2 years from a serious challenge. Equally though they simply cannot afford to miss the champions league.

They'll have done their figures on the gamble in terms of potential income and how much they'd likely spend to get there, but without us present and their penchant for "fiscal prudence", I suspect any gamble will involve a very limited outlay and that's why they went down this avenue.

Remember too that YellowFang hinted at their lack of ambition. That now seems to be almost confirmed. Without competition, OF matches and that "septic minded" lunacy of YellowFang, their support is bound to dip further, then rise upon our return.

Can they keep that up, or will the habit be an optional one?