Wallace and MacLeod for the off ?

cumnockbear

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With the state we are in, I would be hugely surprised if we managed to get £3m for the pair. £2m would be more likely.

It would be fucking horrific though, the best left back in the country and possibly the best midfield prospect in the country going for buttons. Kinda guys Celtic would sell for £8m each.

The boycotters and board are both to blame if this is the case. The board have done absolutely fuck all to raise money.

Are you sure they've done f**k all, or just achieved f**k all?

Why sell mate, the money would merely paper the cracks.

I agree, and i would prefer we didn't. All I am saying is if we could get 3m for them then we would have probably got the absolute max we could even hope for right now.

Frustrating if it happens, we paid almost 2million for Wallace, so selling him for less when he's at the peak of his career seems daft. However, if someone offered us 2million (and it would be extremely unlikely that they would), we should leave it to the player to decide. Extremely loyal servant who shouldn't be pushed out of the club, and good full-backs come at an absolute premium these days.

Macleod shouldn't be sold, he's the kind of player that will be worth millions if he adapts to the SPfL comfortably. If the dhims had him, they'd be wanting 6million minimum, and hes the kind of player we can't replace with 1-2million next season.

If selling Wallace keeps Macleod, i'd sadly use that option. As Macleod's value will only increase, whilst Wallace's will only decrease (being 27).

I'm confident both will be with us for the remainder of the season, the mhedia trying to divert from Celtics misery again by not signing that striker from Sporting Gjon.

"Lets say Rangers are losing there best players, that will make everything absolutely fine."

The Board and the Manager always knew this day would come and it will come around again in Jan. If (and its only a rumour-mill speculative 'if') an offer is made for one or some players then the balancing act for Rangers is much more sensitive than it has been for many years. Sell influential players now (or in the next transfer window in Jan) and increase the risk that Rangers might not get promoted this season. I don't see that as a risk that the Board or the Manager would want to take ...... unless wider financial circumstances were so imperative that selling was fundamentally unavoidable. The flak they (Board and Manager) would take from Supporters and investors would be deafening if the goal for this season of winning promotion was not achieved. The blame would rest with decisions to sell influential players when the need to do so was not compellingly unavoidable. Of course if players themselves want to leave then holding on to players who would prefer to play in anohter jersey would not make much sense and a sale would be in everyone's interests (but note here I'm not suggesting that either player wants to leave - just pointing out that if a player wants to go and a fee can be agreed then fair enough).

Now loan deals to English league clubs or to SPFL top flight clubs might make very good sense right now where players who are not getting regular first team action could sharpen their game with other clubs and if necessary return to Ibrox in Jan for what I hope would be a final push for promption and a decent experienced game-hardened squad would be needed. I'd certainly like to see some players going out on loan - but most definately not the sale of Lewis and Lee.