Breaking News on SSN

DavieMacRFC

Breaking news on the Press Association wires 'King will stay in Glasgow until the whole situation is sorted'.

Oh wait a minute that story on the wires in 4 months old.

Would not be surprised if King knows that Ashley has him beat and this is just grandstanding.

Either way I'll be happy when it is all sorted and even happier if the Linwood Lout and Mini are never seen near Ibrox again, ever.

That's a good point :pipe:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breaking news on the Press Association wires 'King will stay in Glasgow until the whole situation is sorted'.

Oh wait a minute that story on the wires in 4 months old.

Would not be surprised if King knows that Ashley has him beat and this is just grandstanding.

Either way I'll be happy when it is all sorted and even happier if the Linwood Lout and Mini are never seen near Ibrox again, ever.

Why do people keep lying by saying King said he would stay in Glasgow till he took over?

He never said this. He said he would stay until he had come up with a plan, not stay till it was implemented.

if true then about fucking time.

i don't trust him at all right now but if he is gonna buy us out and run us properly then fine. get on with it. he better no be here to fucking mess about. get the finger out and sort this out or fuck off.

Bailout or a buyout/takeover? I'd Rather one man owned Rangers than the way things are just now. If and it has to be a big IF with Kings track record with these things. If he does take over, then i will back him. But i'm not getting my hopes up because when it doesn't happen you're left on a downer.

As far as I am led to believe, King is a lifelong supporting Bear (unlike Ashley) who wishes to drag us out of this current mire. He does have the South African tax shite in his history, but if he and his consortium make a genuine offer for us then I would welcome this, Given his previous, he would have to be a financial Houdini if he is able to screw us out of the dosh the previous regimes have been successfull in robbing the club of in the past 3 years. If he gets us and is also able to return us to our previous status while making a profit without harming us, then I would be willing to support him before Ashley.

Not asking for much then?

Why do people keep lying by saying King said he would stay in Glasgow till he took over?

He never said this. He said he would stay until he had come up with a plan, not stay till it was implemented.

Why do people keep misrepresenting posts. I said "stay in Glasgow until things were sorted". Suddenly changed to 'till he took over'.

Did he ever actually come up with a plan?

Here for me is the biggest issue. If there is to be a new share issue then the current share holders have to be given first right of refusal. is 16 million 51% of the current stock value? The only way King can get control over Ashley is to buy up 51% of the current shares. And I doubt that many of the current share holders will be willing to sell out to him or allow him 51% ownership for 16 million. Even if he buys up current shares then the only way the club gets an infusion of cash is a new share issue, or King giving an interest free loan. January first I still believe Ashley will be in control of Rangers, with his shares in Newcastle passed over to a blind trust till they/he can sell them off. And if all the "news" about Ashley having naming rights/ merchandise deals then he does not need to have any more shares.

Here for me is the biggest issue. If there is to be a new share issue then the current share holders have to be given first right of refusal. is 16 million 51% of the current stock value? The only way King can get control over Ashley is to buy up 51% of the current shares. And I doubt that many of the current share holders will be willing to sell out to him or allow him 51% ownership for 16 million. Even if he buys up current shares then the only way the club gets an infusion of cash is a new share issue, or King giving an interest free loan. January first I still believe Ashley will be in control of Rangers, with his shares in Newcastle passed over to a blind trust till they/he can sell them off. And if all the "news" about Ashley having naming rights/ merchandise deals then he does not need to have any more shares.

Ashley will not be selling Newcastle anytime soon. They will recieve around £300 million just from the TV deal over the next 3 seasons. He's not passing on that for a cheaper route into the CL with around £20 million prize.

Ashley's interest in us is sponsorship and retail. He sees King as a threat to that lucrative deal he was given.

Ashley will not be selling Newcastle anytime soon. They will recieve around £300 million just from the TV deal over the next 3 seasons. He's not passing on that for a cheaper route into the CL with around £20 million prize.

Ashley's interest in us is sponsorship and retail. He sees King as a threat to that lucrative deal he was given.

Can you explain for us simple folks how much money Ashley is likely to make from his 'lucrative retail deal' with Rangers??? Include estimates if you so desire.

Can you explain for us simple folks how much money Ashley is likely to make from his 'lucrative retail deal' with Rangers??? Include estimates if you so desire.

Not the foggiest, but considering he is an intelligent and successful businessman I'd say it's worth his while.

Don't see how that's relevant to my point though.

I want someone or a consortium to invest in us and get us out of our current mess. I don't expect a philanthropist to come in and sort us out of kindness. There will be something in it for whoever comes in. I doubt I will ever fully trust anyone with our club