Would you sign a jailed footballer?

G.E.C.

Mixed feelings on this. Evans crime was utterly deplorable and totally sickening. On the other hand the Crown has found him guilty and he has been punished and has nearly served his sentence. I'm sure Donald Findlay won Duncan Ferguson's court case on his additional suspension from the SFA on the grounds that it is illegal to serve two sentences on an individual for one crime. Ultimately once he has served his prison sentence I think he should be free to seek employment wherever he can, as long as it has not been proscribed by his court ruling. It's Sheffield United's call but if they decide not too resign him, I guarantee he'll be back at another club soon.

Where do you think Sheffield Utd get their money from? I don't think there's a law that says footballers should be treated any differently from the rest of the public either. I didn't say there was such a law. Employers are, however, entitled to make a judgement about an applicants character and they are entitled to consider how it will impact their business model.

As someone whose ex was raped and the guy got away with it and who has remained free from that day to do it to other women I also have a personal experience that colours my opinion of this. It doesn't make my opinion any more weighty than your experience makes yours.

i appreciate that, the point is no matter how horrific the crime is or how little remorse he has for the crime he has served his time. Its up to the club whether they employ him or not, no one elses business.

Mixed feelings on this. Evans crime was utterly deplorable and totally sickening. On the other hand the Crown has found him guilty and he has been punished and has nearly served his sentence. I'm sure Donald Findlay won Duncan Ferguson's court case on his additional suspension from the SFA on the grounds that it is illegal to serve two sentences on an individual for one crime. Ultimately once he has served his prison sentence I think he should be free to seek employment wherever he can, as long as it has not been proscribed by his court ruling. It's Sheffield United's call but if they decide not too resign him, I guarantee he'll be back at another club soon.

spot on