Co-incidence or not?

jdonald755

Mate, they've gone backwards because they've been playing consistently at a low level against poor players.

It's inevitable that they'll go backwards.

Mate, they've gone backwards because they've been playing consistently at a low level against poor players.

It's inevitable that they'll go backwards.

I thought that too and therefore was convinced they would step up to the plate this season against better teams but it hasn't happened

Black and Zaliuaskas - instrumental in a good Hearts Scottish Cup winning team.

Shiels - tore Celtic apart in a Killie League Cup winning team.

Templeton - same as Black and Zaliuaskas. Also tipped for a Scotland cap before joining us and scores v Liverpool in Uefa Cup.

Foster - Aberdeen captain.

Law - Fantastic for Motherwell. In the hat for Spl player of the year.

Sandaza - bangs goals in a shite St Johnstone team.

Boyd - bangs goals in spl in a shite Killie team.

Miller - only last year gave Gary Cahill the run around to score v England at Wembley.

McGregor - great for St Mirren in SPL.

I used to suspect these just players shrunk in a Rangers jersey under the weight of expectation and became lesser players. But Boyd and Miller were immense for us first time round? And i dont believe they are fully past it.

Everyone of them now looks lost out on the park.

Is this all co-incidence or could the management, training and tactics be affecting them?

Scoring a decent goal against England doesn't make Kenny Miller a great player. He's a player in decline who has had a less than impressive goal to game ratio at every club he's played for since he left us.

Scoring a decent goal against England doesn't make Kenny Miller a great player. He's a player in decline who has had a less than impressive goal to game ratio at every club he's played for since he left us.

Possibly fair comment, but what about the others on that list?

Templeton - same as Black and Zaliuaskas. Also tipped for a Scotland cap before joining us and scores v Liverpool in Uefa Cup.

Miller - only last year gave Gary Cahill the run around to score v England at Wembley.

I used to suspect these just players shrunk in a Rangers jersey under the weight of expectation and became lesser players. But Boyd and Miller were immense for us first time round? And i dont believe they are fully past it.

Is this all co-incidence or could the management, training and tactics be affecting them?

seriously, out that list only boyd and Miller at their best are worthy of a Jersey but hey

let's big up players like law and Templeton and say we ruined their careers.

Fucking yawn watching that pish for the last 3 and a half years. That Hearts team had 6 months to be ready for this season. We had 2 years. You honestly believe they have better players than us? And do you believe this season has been good enough?

Aye but did they have a pre-season......err transfer ban....errr boardroom issues....

you can see the sarcasm right?

Shiels - flopped at Doncaster

Templeton - That good he got dropped for the Scottish Cup final with Hearts.

Black - bog average.

Zaliukas - See Black, consistently made errors at Hearts.

Foster - See Black.

Law - Prone to disappearing when he played for Motherwell. Excels at it in a blue jersey.

Sandaza - sacked after a short spell.

Boyd - Current top scorer.

Miller - Been out injured alot since returning.

For the record I love McCoist. Absolute Rangers legend and in my eyes the way he has stood by and been our figurehead through the shite of the last few years, he has became an even bigger legend. However his shortcomings as a manager are holding us back and should go before he damages his legacy.

Agree 100%, however his legacy is already damaged but IMO it is still repairable if he moves on now

I really think it's just the level we've been playing at. The players have been able to coast. In situations like that, they're hardly likely to improve.

How many games against full time sides have we played in recent years? Not that many. It shouldn't be a surprise that they find it hard to adjust. They're playing against professional players regularly for the first time in years.

Don't talk absolute and utter pish.

Spend a couple of years having easy games against part-timers and you're obviously going to lose a bit of the sharpness.

It's obvious. How could they be expected to stay at the top of their game?

If true, do you do something to prepare and counter this, or do fuck all and use it as yet another excuse when you're nine points behind a team of primarily inexperienced kids?