Shareholders on RM

JCDBigBear

I have a list of questions which I believe most of our fan base and shareholders would wish to have answered. However at the AGM anyone fortunate enough to be selected to pose a question will be very limited. What I am suggesting is that we prepare a list ourselves and try to get answers individually on the day. If a questioned is asked by someone else and answered then we move on to the next on the list. It isn't perfect but at least we may have a better chance of getting the information which we all require. Obviously my list may not be to everyone's liking which is why I would like others to post questions and comment on the list. We can list them in order of importance at a later date.

What is Mike Ashley's plan for RFC? He obviously has some plan but we are left i the dark.

Has any former or current director or employee any outstanding terms under which they can receive "cheap" shares?

Can the Board clarify if the football management team (McCoist, McDowall, Durrant, Stewart) all took salary cuts and if so, are they permanent or deferred?

Can the Board clarify the percentage of profit in relation to shares the Club receives from the merchandising deal? At present it appears to be only 15%.

Has the Board ever taken the football manager to task over the horrendous fall in attendances due to the poor on-field performances?

Will the Board do anything about our non-existent PR? RFC must have the worst PR in the UK. We should be protecting the RFC name at all times but do nothing when our detractors attack us via the media.

What does the Board intend to do about marketing the Rangers brand? We have failed miserably in this regard for many years. We do not promote our Club very well at all. We have excellent facilities but seem to fall short when getting our message across to sponsors, advertisers, fans, etc.

Will the Club be reviving the Museum proposal? Although the initial proposal was to utilise Copland House, it is my opinion that Edmiston House would be far more suitable. Club shop on ground floor, Cafe/sports bar on first floor and museum on top floor. These would be income-generating.

Will the Club be looking at setting up a proper scouting system? We have been negligent in this department no doubt due to financial constraints however such a system could be profitable in the future.

In view of recent developments and taking account of all known factors concerning the criminal behaviour involved in the demise of our former parent company and the subsequent impact on our football club, will the Board demand apologies from the SFA, SPFL,and certain clubs for the treatment our club has received from these quarters? It is abundantly clear that the fraudulent behaviour of certain individuals created the demise of the "oldco" and brought a groundswell of criticism upon our heads leading to punitive sanctions from the Scottish football authorities (excluding the old SFL). It is now apparent to the world that we have been victims of crime and victims of the grossly unfair sanctions which were set on Rangers Football Club. Instead of looking at the situation properly and trying to protect the country's most famous and successful club, one of the oldest in the World, our own football organisations didn't just abandon us to our fate, they appeared to attempt to kill the club entirely. Whilst this is not technically anything to do with our current parent company, it is my firm belief that the Rangers Football Club (established in 1872) and its supporters, shareholders and employees deserve the most grovelling apology from those aforementioned parties.

The single largest item in the accounts is noted as "Other operating charges". As this is for £16.4m can we not be given a better break-down of what is involved?

The manager's salary is not listed this year, why not?

The amounts paid to the most recent CEOs have been outrageous in the extreme. Can we expect that any new CEO will have a more realistic salary in relation to our situation?

There is an item where we have apparently to pay £411k to buy stock at greater cost than the resale value. This surely deserves some clarification.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an item where we have apparently to pay £411k to buy stock at greater cost than the resale value. This surely deserves some clarification.

Good ideas...will probably think about this over the next few days to see what else. I would just caution folks that this isn't an interrogation so questions about taking "the football manager to task" over the attendences will probably be met with a less than enthusiastic reply. I would much rather see it phrased as "Are the attendence figures part of the responsibilities of the Football Manager and if so, how has this been addressed in the past"?

As far as the clarification of the above statement, I think you will find that the proposed boycott will only hurt the club (and not Sports Direct) because it is standard for pricing breaks to be given for quantities in that industry due savings in set up times and logistics.

At least some are taking this a bit seriously................ Gogzy??? Host??? Bridge???? :p20:

:lol: Just pointing out that I hope there's nobody going that is intent on disrupting anything like last year.

P.S I feel a good question somebody could ask is could the board explain the reasoning behind the switch from using the badge to the crest (without the five stars) on advertising boards,RTV etc.

:lol: Just pointing out that I hope there's nobody going that is intent on disrupting anything like last year.

P.S I feel a good question somebody could ask is could the board explain the reasoning behind the switch from using the badge to the crest (without the five stars) on advertising boards,RTV etc.

Fair question.