***The Official Rangers v Cowdenbeath Match Thread***

Bear cub1

This was the chance for the manager to ring changes after our humiliating defeat from Alloa, but no he rewards every fuckin one of them buy starting the exact same team apart from Lewis, what message does that send to the players on the sidelines? Another turgid performance and only won by an own goal, getting fucken sick watching this pish.

Just back in, frozen n pissed aff. What a deplorable game it was, Christ we need an OG to win a game! There wasn't much of an attendance either. Guys all around me are talkin of finishing altogether, all because of the stubborn man in the dugout. It's bloody heartbreaking so it is.

This was the chance for the manager to ring changes after our humiliating defeat from Alloa, but no he rewards every fuckin one of them buy starting the exact same team apart from Lewis, what message does that send to the players on the sidelines? Another turgid performance and only won by an own goal, getting fucken sick watching this pish.

It sends the message you 11 are my mates and will play no matter what. The rest of you are simply there to make up the numbers. Sunday Pub League management at its best. The games up Rangers are just a plaything for Ally and his mates now.

Terrible, no idea why he picked the same team that embarrassed us midweek. Today was the day to ring the changes, give templeton, Clark, Murdoch a game and drop the underperforming players.

honestly what is the point of having squad players or youths (or Auchenhowie for that point) as they will never get a shot regardless of how terrible Ally's favourites are. today being a perfect and valid reason for mixing the team up a bit but no same dross as always, felt sorry for Nicky Clark no world beater by any stretch but the game was crying out for someone like him to run at the defence but no left till the last 5 minutes so no chance to do anything

That's entertainment. Not.

Seem to recall a few weeks ago the message from the Manager was that the team had a responsibility to entertain. Today - at Ibrox - there seemed to me to be a collective caution to the play. A jangling of nerves. A fear of error. A fear of being criticised yet again. And approved from the touchline judging by the folded arms or hands in pocket lack of display of encouragement to try harder, play the ball more quickly, do better, shoot when the chance presents itself. Result - strikers that can't score and don't look like scoring; a midfiled that hides and does not do enough to try to hurt the opposition by driving at them; a prefernce to go sideways and back. Safety first. That was what passed for entertainment today imo.

A stuttering performance from a team that seems to be struggling to just hang in there in the league. Playing with a hope that surely things can't get worse and must get better. But not actually doing much to make an imporvement happen.

That's entertainment. Hey ho, its the era we are in and we just need to see this through. It seems likely that Ally will see this season out and we will either win promotion or we will not. As to the casualties in terms of losing the support of the Support? Well this sort of performance - akin to the many we saw in Div 3 days - is very very far from what is expected and that may take its toll in reduced gates at Ibrox. Maybe the strategy is to ride this out and tackle the future of the Club at the play offs - the real season may start then and the bet is that the Support will turn out in large numbers for those games with the prospect of top flight football next season being enough of an incentive to go to a game even if Ally is still in charge.

when will McCoist or one of the other clowns get Aird by the scruff of the neck & tell him to bin the mazy cross field runs and either:

A) Pass it from the right to the left

B) Stick to his own side & work out how to beat his full back & deliver

The sideways shite just sucks every last bit of momentum out of our attacks, along with dragging all the defenders into the areas where our other attackers are trying to get some space!

Aird is a shitebag, he looks terrified half the time, he runs, then as soon as he gets the ball all pace goes and he bottles it, cant beat a man or put a decent cross in. Good as a man short. And guaranteed he'll no get dropped.

And Boyd, not all his fault because he gets no service and no help in the box, but whenever he does get the ball in the box he goes into a panic it seems, he seems to be lacking confidence.

why were 4 players back for ever set piece? We never have enough bodies up front. Cowardly tactics from Ally.

You know one thing that could help this squad? Other than a new manager obviously. A decent atmosphere in Ibrox, our players seem to be shitting it a bit all playing like they are in a panic at times, as I said about Boyd, maybe the crowd just getting behind them for once could help. Ibrox was dead today other than TBO. I try to sing but when folk turn around and look at you like your a maddy it gets a bit shite after a while.

My big man Mohsni let me down, he was poor today. It was a nervy game and it wont be the last. I took a crumb of comfort from the fact that if The Blue Brazil are the poorest in the the division then surely Hearts will start dropping points here and there.One game at a time sweet jesus,keep winning and take advantage of any slip ups unless we fall flat on our arse first... sigh

My big man Mohsni let me down, he was poor today. It was a nervy game and it wont be the last. I took a crumb of comfort from the fact that if The Blue Brazil are the poorest in the the division then surely Hearts will start dropping points here and there.One game at a time sweet jesus,keep winning and take advantage of any slip ups unless we fall flat on our arse first... sigh

Mohsni is poor most of the time tbh. Was an absolutely bombscare today, when the ball came to his feet he was shitting himself.

Rarely seen anyone have so much of the ball for so little end product.

Templeton must wonder what the hell's going on!

No wonder he's short on confidence & form!

Templeton is rotten whenever he gets the chance.

Aird had a decent second half. He out in some good crosses that the strikers should have done better with.

Aird is far from the biggest problem on that pitch.