New Manager.....Who Do The Fans Want?

JamieG54

Josep Gombau from Adelaide United in the A league his team plays some good football no idea if he would be affordable.

Kevin Muscat is another one from the A league I would have.

Would also take a chance on Gary Locke done a decent job with Hearts last year and seemed to give the youth a chance.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who should replace Ally when he finally gets sacked? We don't really want to use an ex Manager or player but do we need that to steady the ship. The crowds are down only because of Allys style of play and nothing else so we need some excitement to get the numbers back into Ibrox.

Steve Clark

Frank and Ronald De Boer

Jimmy Calderwood

Stuart McCall

Steven Presley

Gordon Strachan

AVB

Robbie Nelson

Walter Smith

Big Eck

Numan and Mols

Tony Pullis

Di Matteo

Hasslebaink

Barry Ferguson

Sherwood

Anyone else that we could consider?

Barry Ferguson??? reaqlly??

We have two possible routes

Option 1: Get in a solid, safe pair of hands with traditional british mentality. This is the route we took when Walter returned. He shored up the defence, gave the team a solid spine and marshalled us to three in a row.

The downside? The football was poor at times, the culture of the club didn't change, McCoist was promoted to a position that led to him taking over etc etc.

Summary: we won against Celtic and had a solid period of success but no long term, sustainable vision was created.

Option 2: go for a fresh, dynamic, exciting manager with a plan for promoting youth, improving our players, developing a modern and progressive culture. This is the approach we took with Le Guen.

The downside: it takes time. Le Guen didn't even last a full season as our support for not willing to accept being second (or even third) best. With this approach, Celtic will probably get ten in a row.

My view:

I believe the support are ready for Option 2 and are prepared for a period of not winning provided we see evidence of the club developing an effective youth strategy and the production of entertaining football.

I don't know though. What do you think?

Jenson Button hasn't got the drive to be our manager. It takes a special Formula for managers and players to work. I doubt he could cope when instructing the players to go through the gears, only to see them fail.

What about Oscar Pistorius?

He would be able to teach Boyd how to shoot properly and could give Jig a wee borrow of his legs.

My view:

I believe the support are ready for Option 2 and are prepared for a period of not winning provided we see evidence of the club developing an effective youth strategy and the production of entertaining football.

I think that whoever is appointed will be on a hiding to none. Assuming we get promoted, performances will immediately be compared with that of the Filth's. Supporters will want a fast fix, with no time given by supporters for growth and youth development.

Option 1: Get in a solid, safe pair of hands with traditional british mentality. This is the route we took when Walter returned. He shored up the defence, gave the team a solid spine and marshalled us to three in a row.

The downside? The football was poor at times, the culture of the club didn't change, McCoist was promoted to a position that led to him taking over etc etc.

Summary: we won against Celtic and had a solid period of success but no long term, sustainable vision was created.

Option 2: go for a fresh, dynamic, exciting manager with a plan for promoting youth, improving our players, developing a modern and progressive culture. This is the approach we took with Le Guen.

The downside: it takes time. Le Guen didn't even last a full season as our support for not willing to accept being second (or even third) best. With this approach, Celtic will probably get ten in a row.

My view:

I don't think they'll get 10 in a row, as that route is also the one that they seem to be following. IMO, developing youth players and selling them on is the only solution to Scottish football's cash problems, unless you manage to get into the CL.

My view:

Option 1 all day long mate

If we had some money to throw into scouting then Option 2 would be ideal. I feel weve already wasted 3/4 years now and gave the filth a head start on winning titles. I think right now, we need Option 1 for 2-3 years to solidify and then break the tims. Once were in a position of strength, we can experiment for the future.