McCoist on Gardening Leave; McDowall in Charge Until End of Season

haie

People don't consider Souness a traitor now like i still do he gets hero worshipped on here, so times do change perspectives just not mine.

I always wonder if it 20 years people will speak fondly of Naismith and his greedy gang.

Some have already been forgiven to a degree like McGregor. I think the ones who shafted us through TUPE may still have that blackmark against their name but I wouldn't be surprised if, in many years if they tell their story, that attitudes may soften to them.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know there are a lot of raw emotions flying about at the moment, but Hopefully in the future Ally's time as manager will be judged in the context of the bigger picture of what was going on at the club during the time he was in charge

For me the totally inept board with all its the off field wrangling as well as all the squabbling amongst the fans have done more damage to the Rangers name than Ally has ever done.

I am sure there is still more to this story to come out and I feel pretty confident that history will judge Ally kindly when everything is known and properly analysed: I certainly hope so

all the best for the future Ally.

I know there are a lot of raw emotions flying about at the moment, but Hopefully in the future Ally's time as manager will be judged in the context of the bigger picture of what was going on at the club during the time he was in charge

For me the totally inept board with all its the off field wrangling as well as all the squabbling amongst the fans have done more damage to the Rangers name than Ally has ever done.

I am sure there is still more to this story to come out and I feel pretty confident that history will judge Ally kindly when everything is known and properly analysed: I certainly hope so

all the best for the future Ally.

His time as manager will be judged as a failure in the future just as it should be. No amount of time or other issues going on will change that.

15K per week for sitting in his garden. I will not be surprised to see him also re-employed in a media position during his gardening leave earning himself a wad more cash.

Yes Ally you never walked away, you danced away with a shed load of money for three seasons of crap.

15K per week for sitting in his garden. I will not be surprised to see him also re-employed in a media position during his gardening leave earning himself a wad more cash.

Yes Ally you never walked away, you danced away with a shed load of money for three seasons of crap.

It would need the clubs approval first.

Had a wee look on the Hearts kickback forum to see what they made of the news. They're all creaming their panties at predicting a Rangers Media meltdown because McDowall used to work for celtic, as if we didn't know or something. :unsure: As if we care. When did they became all high and mighty over us with regards to hating celtic? doh

Had a wee look on the Hearts kickback forum to see what they made of the news. They're all creaming their panties at predicting a Rangers Media meltdown because McDowall used to work for celtic, as if we didn't know or something. :unsure: As if we care. When did they became all high and mighty over us with regards to hating celtic?

when did anyone care what gets said on a hearts forum?! :7325:

Had a wee look on the Hearts kickback forum to see what they made of the news. They're all creaming their panties at predicting a Rangers Media meltdown because McDowall used to work for celtic, as if we didn't know or something. :unsure: As if we care. When did they became all high and mighty over us with regards to hating celtic? doh

Hearts have fan forums?

Surely with the size of their forum a whatsapp group would have sufficed?

Why?? Surely depends on how the 'gardening leave' agreement has been worded and given Ally's track record I would feel quite comfortable speculating that it maintains his best interests.

Sure the club will have first call on ally time when he is on gardening leave. He is still employed by us u know. Just rather tjan telling him to manage our team we have tasked him with sitting at home, by the phone and drinking tea. If he does other work in that time he will be in breach of contract and we can fire him without compo.

So ally needs to think whether he really wants to damage his media interest by being seen as a leech on the club he professes to love for a year.

Sure the club will have first call on ally time when he is on gardening leave. He is still employed by us u know. Just rather tjan telling him to manage our team we have tasked him with sitting at home, by the phone and drinking tea. If he does other work in that time he will be in breach of contract and we can fire him without compo.

So ally needs to think whether he really wants to damage his media interest by being seen as a leech on the club he professes to love for a year.

When someone is put on gardening leave under UK law an appropriate agreement has to be drafted and worded in mutually agreeable manner then signed by both parties. Knowing Ally and his advisers there will be few restrictions placed on his time away from Rangers. Perhaps the club will ask him to help Durie coach the kids, I'm sure the irony would not be lost on him.

I can't see McDowall being in charge for the rest of the season but its quite normal for the assistant or coaches to take over for a couple of weeks.

We need to get a proper manager in and give him time to assess the team ahead of the summer. Waiting until the summer to hire a manager when we have so much work to do is stupid.

When someone is put on gardening leave under UK law an appropriate agreement has to be drafted and worded in mutually agreeable manner then signed by both parties. Knowing Ally and his advisers there will be few restrictions placed on his time away from Rangers. Perhaps the club will ask him to help Durie coach the kids, I'm sure the irony would not be lost on him.

Garden Leave is just an expression meaning that an employee doesn't work their notice, nor do they receive payment in lieu of notice. It's pretty standard and should be covered under any standard contract of employment so restrictions will be as they were for the last four years.

really hope people cut the guy some slack now, if not for his health alone! And his next appearance at ibrox is very much a warm one from us all.

Some of the personal jibes, insults, really have been in bad taste lately, and some people really do seem to have struggled separating 'Ally the manager' from 'Ally the man'.

It can be hard to let go of something you love, and worse still admit defeat? Any man can relate to that. And Ally's love for Glasgow Rangers will in mind at least never be in question.

And whilst I don't disagree with him moving on, I am content in the knowledge I've not participated in berating the guy publicly or privately.

Legends don't come around that often anymore, and he was (is) definitely one of the few!

All the best Coisty'

Can we please lose the sentimental pish FFS!!!

He wasnt down the mines for 15 hours a day or working in the cOngo saving kids with Ebola!!

He was given the honour and opportunity (wrongly!!) to manage our great club. It was obvious from the start he was never a manager even before Admin.

However he did conduct himself superbly during our darkest hour and was the glue that held us together during that period.

But that's where it ends for me. He didn't work for nothing as a lot of folk seem to believe, his contract was TUPED over and backdated. He was also very heavily rewarded with penny shares making him a millionaire again, which he already is.

So we had the highest paid manager in Scotland. What where we getting in return? On the park zero..absolute horror football and knocked out of all the cups. Fair enough we had just been through a lot, give the man more time and rightly so.

Then what? People moan about the lack of youth in Div 3 was the problem, it wasn't. It's what happened next where Ally destroyed any opportunity we had for rebuilding. We were paraded a whole host of garbage that anyone with half a brain could work out where not needed. What was the return? We didnt lose a single league game against Plumber, joiners etc. Not even when the league was wrapped up did we experiment and give youth a chance. Why? Because our manager wanted that stat more than anything. The cups? Don't even go there.

Then Charles Green called him out as a dud after Forfar, which was before all of the above. He was 100 % correct and Ally knew there eyes on him that wanted a return for their money. He wasn't delivering. Not his team blah blah fucking blah. Well he got his team and where are we now?? When was he ever hindered on the park at boardroom level?? Ever?? Ally asked, Ally got.

Did he ever turn up to training and the board got rid of half his team? No. Did they fuck but this is the reality that most other Scottish managers have to deal with season after season. Stuart Mcall lost half a squad pre-season and still managed to finish second in the top division. Now that's what I call operating under extreme pressure and delivering!!

Now we have the specter of Ally sitting on his arse doing fuck all and getting paid a fortune for it. PLG had a year and a half of his contract left and shook hands with SDM and walked away. He wasn't motivated by money. Ally is and only an idiot can deny that.

Now Bomber Brown has reappeared 'pure ragin'..it's embarrassing. Why don't we let this board try and do their job? Has bomber written of a few million quid for us?? Has he fuck so he can fuck off. The Easdales while I don't trust them, have put money into the club without return. The rumour is now that Ashley has written of the loans. Let's see what the future has in store because from where I'm sitting MA has done a great job at Newcastle. He might be hated for renaming the stadium but who gives a fuck as long as money comes in.

Lets not forget it was 'real' rangers men who where on the board that got us into debt, that sold the club to Whyte. It's tragic that this AGM will turn into a love in for a manger who has taken the most out of anyone,arguably even more than Charles Green, while leaving us perilously close to not being promoted from the Scottish First Division.

Had a wee look on the Hearts kickback forum to see what they made of the news. They're all creaming their panties at predicting a Rangers Media meltdown because McDowall used to work for celtic, as if we didn't know or something. :unsure: As if we care. When did they became all high and mighty over us with regards to hating celtic?

I was actually wondering about that myself.

Not that I didn't know, but I always thought an ex-Bheast employee becoming our manager would cause an outcry.