Steve Simonsen

King Jela

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easily the worst keeper in our history. Blameless for the first but what was he doing for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th ? For the 2nd there is just absolutely no excuse for attempting that, he should have stayed on his line and at least gave himself a chance after, more, diabolical defending. Then for the 3rd he actually dived out the way. I don't even think he tried to save the 4th.

One of the many duds at our club right now but letting Gallacher go and keeping this liability was easily one of the worst decisions McCoist has ever made, one of many.

Not often i agree with Jelavic the king...but he's spot on here!

Forced myself to watch this again

1st goal - 3 unmarked Hibs players just outside the box with too many of our players inside...more could have been done to block the shot maybe but do not think keeper was to blame

2nd goal - He makes the decision to go for the ball...is this because there is only one defender near Cummings? Boyd had a similar chance in the 2nd half but was surrounded by two hib's players...where the fuck where ours

3rd goal - I think he should have stayed on his feet here..might have had more chance

4th goal - what actually gets me is that a few of our players just give up chasing once the ball is lost in midfield....to me that sums up the commitment of some of the squad

In general he's fucking terrible.

His shot stopping, reflexes, reactions, confidence and command are rock bottom.

I'd give Robinson a go, he might show a bit more desire.

And I thought Ally Maxwell was our worst goalie.

Simonsen makes Maxwell look like Buffon or Yashin. I cannot stand the guy the worst keeper I've seen in 45 years of following Rangers. Maybe McCoist can explain why he resigned him and freed Gallacher?

He is fucking hopeless big flapping prick

We had craig Gordon in our hands and mccoist managed to fuck that up as well

Can't believe that fat fuck is sitting on his arse getting 750,000

No way he should even be allowed back into ibrox

Legend status well and truly gone fat boy

Ally believed we had offered Gordon and Scott Allen deals. I tend to believe him despite his shortcomings as a manager. I think the board shafted him on those signings.

Simonsen is a decent back-up, but like the rest of the team, his confidence is shot to fuck. Getting four put past him won't do him any favours either.

He can't be solely blamed for last Saturday either. You win as a team and you damn sure lose as one.

Simonsen's place is on the bench. He knows that. But until Cammy Bell is fit, he's going to be between the sticks for us.

He's a better goalkeeper than Robinson, definitely. Robinson got a wee blast between the sticks against St Johnstone and nearly cost us the game. Looked like he was shitting himself.

The entire team is lacking confidence and it would be unfair to make one player a scapegoat in all of this.

Sorry to ask if this has already been answered, but when is Bell back?

I have to start by saying Bell is miles better than Simonsen but...

Am I the only one undewhelmed by Bell as our long term no1? He's OK but is not anywhere near the level of MacGregor. Neither is MacGregor anywhere near the level of Klos or Goram.

Bell was signed on the back of 1 cracking cup final game against the mhanks. I'd have kept Alexander.

I have to start by saying Bell is miles better than Simonsen but...

Am I the only one undewhelmed by Bell as our long term no1? He's OK but is not anywhere near the level of MacGregor. Neither is MacGregor anywhere near the level of Klos or Goram.

Bell was signed on the back of 1 cracking cup final game against the mhanks. I'd have kept Alexander.

Goram was beyond everyone. Best keeper I've ever seen. Klos was a fantastic shot-stopper but poor in the air and his kicking was atrocious. Waterreus was better than Klos for me, very under-rated. McGregor was & is still good. Neither Bell nor Alexander impressed me very much and pretty much same ability. The cheapest one of the two for me if I had to choose. Frankly I'd prefer a bigger keeper. As for Simonsen, he's the worst since Ally Maxwell.