The Result Today...

AGM_72

It hardly looks impressive on the face of it, however, it was crucial. Absolutely critical we didn't allow Hearts to re-establish that 15 point lead.

Today the team did it's job, however we did the job today was irrelevant, as long as we managed it. Especially after the last time we played Hearts we managed to slip up at home the week before.

We win next week and we're back to 10 points - a situation I could not have seen only 2-3 weeks ago. There will be more opportunities to chip away at that lead and while the situation is far from ideal, we're better off than we might have been after being trounced by Hibs 4-0.

Will we win the League? It's doubtful. Will we even win next week? Again, I have my doubts, but today's result gives me just a little bit of hope that our players might at least make a fight of it. We went away from home, for a game which was arguably more important than next week's and won against a team that has been a major bogey side. Now, of course, they're part-timers and so on and so forth but regardless of that, mentally you have to have the strength to come through these games and I think we have been mentally week in similar situations in the past.

January is going to be an interesting month for a variety of reasons, so perhaps by the time our cup semi-final comes along we might just be feeling a little more positive about our situation, starting with Friday's game.

Here's hoping anyway.

The team did it's job? Maybe half its job. The football is so boaring. Not a glimpse of entertainment. Right now it's painful to watch rangers and realise you paid for the privilege.

No arguments here on the lack of entertainment.

I'll also freely admit that it hardly inspires confidence that we could easily have drawn 2-2 last week against Dumbarton at home, while Hearts smashed them 5-1 away.

However, my main point is I expected things to be worse at this point and we could perhaps find ourselves in a slightly better position next week. I haven't really been positive in a while about our situation and I remain apprehensive but next week really is our last chance at a comeback and I honestly felt we'd collapse after that Hibs result.

We created some good chances in the first half today but unfortunately ran out of steam and ideas a bit in the second half as the superior fitness of Alloa began to tell.

Miller and Templeton should have had us 3 up half through the first half. As you say though after that we just faded out of the game.

We need a 20 goal a season stri---nevermind

For the game on Friday it seems to me it largely (but not wholly) boils down to this. Do the players want to shake off the nerves, shake off the excuses, shake off the slackness, sharpen up, quicken up, and put on the ruthless streak and go and show us what we all know they are capable of doing - winning and winning well?

It's entirely up to them. They really do owe it to the Support.

For the game on Friday it seems to me it largely (but not wholly) boils down to this. Do the players want to shake off the nerves, shake off the excuses, shake off the slackness, sharpen up, quicken up, and put on the ruthless streak and go and show us what we all know they are capable of doing - winning and winning well?

It's entirely up to them. They really do owe it to the Support.

Fucking perfectly illustrated!

Apologies in advance but we should not even be in this situation.

Fuckan team better go on and win every game left and at least make the hearts team unsettled and look over their shoulders to see we are breathing down their neck instead of us worrying about dropping points and watching the teams behind us.

C'mon Rangers lets do it and forget the rest.

If we win they will be rattled that wee bubble they live in will go "pop" and the players might, just might start to believe we can catch this Hearts team, they'll be due a few more slip ups down the line the only thing we can hope for is to keep winning weather it may be ugly or pretty ( not likely ) 3 points is all that matters every game from now until the end of the season, we're well over due a performance and Friday is the time to show the fans we can win big games when it matters, get the battle fever on, give it no surrender and turn this wee mob over!

The team did it's job? Maybe half its job. The football is so boaring. Not a glimpse of entertainment. Right now it's painful to watch rangers and realise you paid for the privilege.

yep a wild pig of a performance especially our defence. I've seen more movement in a porked bus.

Just because we done the job people are happy, are you having a laugh, that is how we get humiliating results against us when we play a team with a but of tactics al knowledge.

People keep on making excuses for the trams performance and cover it up with "we got 3 points", then they wonder why we get played of the park against hibs and hearts.

We will get beat on Friday by a couple if goals, and then the Tims will beat us by even more, but it will be fine, we will win the next game after and it will all be forgotten about.