Important Players?

Falcon Punch

Ok, I know a lot of people have already written us off against The Unwashed, and it would take a monumental effort to get a result. Everyone of our players would need to pull off a worldy performance etc.. However, this being said, who do you see as the key players or guys that can make a difference, in our team?

<Insert 'NONE OF THEM' comment> :D

Key battles on the park?

Will Old Firm experience count?

Who will last the full game without being sent off?

Will we have a manager in place to sort us out?

Key battles on the park?

Midfield will be key. We cannot let Law, Black and Hutton or whoever else get run over by Brown and co. We can't afford passengers or players hiding like Law usually does in these types of games.

Of course. Guy's like Miller, Jig and Wallace can let the boys know what is expected of them and help any of the other less expierenced players on the park. It won't win us the game but it will be important IMO.

Depends, if we are getting cuffed then the discipline will go as the atmosphere hot's up. My money would be on Black or Jig.

No. It's two weeks away and we only have the stuff about Kenny coming out just now, no one is even sure if he will be here for that game...in any case there is not enough time or money before this game to do anything of note to help us in this regard.

I agree with the midfield comments, though I do think if we stay strong at the back (A massive ask) we can nick something. They will be looking to target the lack of pace in the form of Jig and, well, Ricky Foster in general. I have faith in the likes of McGregor and Wallace to step up but the others I am not so sure....If Moshni plays we are doomed!

We need a 5 man midfield for this, doubt he will but think this is an ideal game for Temps yes he's been on awful form but he's capable of a moment of magic and that's probably what we'll need to win, either that or make the most of set pieces but we can't even beat the first man unfortunately.

My team would be this because a think McDowell will play 5 in the middle

Simonsen(If Bell isnt fit)

Foster

Mcgregor

Jig

Wallace

Aird

Hutton

Black

Law

Templeton

Miller.

Key area for me is Miller against Van Dick and Foster against Commons if he starts. I personally like Black on the park and think he will do us a turn against Brown. I would love for temps to be on his game against Izaguire who seems to crumble every old firm hes played in. Its important for Wallace and Jig to make the keeper feel safe as I think if we were going to loose it by a silly goal itl be Simonsens fault.

If foster plays they will target him so I don't think temps can play infront of him because of the defensive side of his game . Maybe peralta to provide cover . If that's the case then we need to drop Smith for a more offensive player or the lone striker will be isolated .

----------------simanson---------------

Foster----macgregor----jig-----Wallace

Peralta--Hutton--black--law--shiels/temps

-----------------Miller----------------

My team would be this because a think McDowell will play 5 in the middle

Simonsen(If Bell isnt fit)

Foster

Mcgregor

Jig

Wallace

Aird

Hutton

Black

Law

Templeton

Miller.

Key area for me is Miller against Van Dick and Foster against Commons if he starts. I personally like Black on the park and think he will do us a turn against Brown. I would love for temps to be on his game against Izaguire who seems to crumble every old firm hes played in. Its important for Wallace and Jig to make the keeper feel safe as I think if we were going to loose it by a silly goal itl be Simonsens fault.

If we play two up top it has to be Miller and Daly. Millers record speaks for itself and big Jon ragged them when playing for Utd. Hopefully they deliver on the day!

If we play two up top it has to be Miller and Daly. Millers record speaks for itself and big Jon ragged them when playing for Utd. Hopefully they deliver on the day!

Just can't see him playing two up top unless he plays Smith and Aird on the wings as Templeton will never track back which means Foster will get destroyed left right and center

Key battles on the park?

The scum will play a 4-2-3-1 as that seems to be the system they always play under Deila. IMO, because of this we need to match them in midfield and put an extra man in there. If we go 4-4-2, it could be a repeat of what happened at Easter Road.

In terms of key battles, Foster will probably be targeted as the weak link as always and no doubt the tarriers will score due to either poor defending or a mistake from him. Shouldn't be in the team for this game. If it means playing McGregor at RB, so be it.

Jigs lack of pace could be a problem that leads to them getting in behind us aswell.

Hopefully Ambrose is playing for them because with him in defence, we have a chance of scoring.

It definitely helps. Unfortunately, most of our players with Old Firm experience are past it. We'll need far more than that to win this game.

As long as Black and Mohsni aren't on the pitch and whoever the manager is tells the players not to go too crazy then hopefully we don't get anyone sent off.

No.

I'd flood midfield, and set up to deal with crosses. Try to force them to play narrow. Play Miller up top alone, and try make the game scrappy and ugly.

If it works we nick something. If it fails, it keeps it respectable.

We won't beat them trying to outplay them.

A scrappy ugly game is our speciality. I think Aird might be key. A ball over the top in the last minute Aird outpaces the defence and strokes it home for a 1-0 win :)