10 Year Old Rangers Fan Hit With Bottle - Stv News

Gaz52

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Evil bastards.

This is what happens when their club indulge these animals and make excuses for them when they've went on the rampage before.

Hope the wee guy is okay.

The whole fucking country is appeasing this scum, including some of our own!

Maybe the club/players could do a gesture for the wee man.

Fucking shocking incident.

The whole fucking country is appeasing this scum, including some of our own!

Maybe the club/players could do a gesture for the wee man.

Fucking shocking incident.

When i think about it, if the boot was on the other foot, the scum would have the whole squad at his bedside, surrounded with mhedia, telling the whole world just how bad we were and how they are saints!

Nothing new for this despicable mhob. Bet the perpetrator's dad / grandad was involved in this escapade.

From RAWK website.

With one minute to go and Celtic losing 2-0 on the night and 2-1 on aggregate, Bobby Lennox put the ball into our net but Belgian referee Joseph Hannet ruled the 'goal' out for offside. It would have otherwise taken Celtic through to the Glasgow final in the first season in which the 'away goals rule' applied in UEFA competitions. A barrage of missiles thrown by Celtic supporters in the Anfield Road End rained down from the terraces after the disallowed goal and, in trying to prevent this continuing, Celtic physiotherapist Bob Rooney was hit and injured by flying glass. I remember seeing a photograph of the hundreds of bottles, glasses and cans that our groundstaff had to clear away after the match.

Old Firm match: Boy, 10, injured by bottle

_80712439_police.jpgThe game between the Glasgow football rivals was heavily policed

A 10-year-old boy was hit in the face by a bottle thrown at a minibus as he travelled to Sunday's Celtic v Rangers football match in Glasgow.

The boy, who was going to the game for the first time, was treated in hospital for a hairline fracture to his face and has three teeth missing.

The 10-year-old was in a minibus of Rangers fans sitting in traffic at Cathcart Road, near Hampden Stadium.

A group of Celtic fans surrounded the bus and hurled abuse at the occupants.

Det Con Kenneth MacEwan said: "This was an appalling assault on the boy who was with his dad and fellow supporters going to his first Celtic v Rangers game.

"He never got to the match but instead was detained overnight in hospital and has a facial injury and teeth missing."

Det Con MacEwan said it appeared that the bottle was deliberately thrown at the minibus but the boy was not specifically targeted.

The man who threw the bottle was described as white, 5ft 11in tall and of heavy build. He was wearing green clothing and possibly a white beanie hat.

He and the men he was with continued along Cathcart Road and into Cathkin Park towards Hampden.

Public order

Earlier, police said 37 people were arrested for offences connected with the league cup semi-final, which Celtic won 2-0.

As well as minor public order offences, 12 of the arrests concerned alleged sectarian breaches of the peace.

Of those arrested, 23 people were due to appear at Glasgow Sheriff Court; 11 have been reported to the procurator fiscal and three were ordered to pay fixed penalty fines.

Match commander Ch Supt Andy Bates said: "As usual the vast majority of the 50,000 fans were here to enjoy the game and support their respective team; they deserve credit for their excellent behaviour.

"However, again, it is the minority of fans who spoiled the occasion by for example setting off flares and singing sectarian songs.

"We dealt with any incidents swiftly and with minimum disruption."

Absolutely disgusting news. Just wanted to say I hope the boy gets better soon. A really horrible event and hopefully the person who threw the bottle can be brought to justice. Appalling for a father to be taking his kid to his first old-firm game and for him to end up in hospital before even reaching the stadium. Things like that would absolutely scar you as a kid, and I hope he makes a quick recovery.

I ended up taking a big break from old firm games when I was younger after having abuse hurled at me, and being narrowly missed by objects walking to Ibrox. I ended up coming back when I got older. I hope the kid recovers fully, and quickly.

Old Firm match: Boy, 10, injured by bottle

_80712439_police.jpgThe game between the Glasgow football rivals was heavily policed

Absolutely disgusting news. Just wanted to say I hope the boy gets better soon. A really horrible event and hopefully the person who threw the bottle can be brought to justice. Appalling for a father to be taking his kid to his first old-firm game and for him to end up in hospital before even reaching the stadium. Things like that would absolutely scar you as a kid, and I hope he makes a quick recovery.

I ended up taking a big break from old firm games when I was younger after having abuse hurled at me, and being narrowly missed by objects walking to Ibrox. I ended up coming back when I got older. I hope the kid recovers fully, and quickly.

Yeah. I hope it doesn't deter the lad or his old man from following his club.

The bheast has a vile history of attacking weans, remember the young lad Freddy ....

http://ifyouknowtheirhistory.blogspot.co.uk/2009/08/celtic-fans-stone-toddler.html

Disgusting fenian loving tramp bastards, but it's awe right, they will have a whip round from their giros, give the boy some money, make sure their 'nice gesture' gets press coverage and all will be good....meh

Hope the wee mans Da tells them to shove their blood money right up their arse.

celtic fans against violence ..You couldny mark the mhanks necks with a blowtorch

Robert Duffy says Celtic fans passed the bus and a couple of them decided to attack the driver. The door was opened and a bottle was thrown.

Mr Duffy said: "The shock of seeing your own kid in that mess knocked me for six. I was nearly fainting.

"I just held the wee man. I had him in my arms trying my best. Someone must have phoned an ambulance, the police were there quite quick."

Every dads nightmare.

I'm not justifying the actions of those tarrier cunts but an old firm game is no place for a 10 year old.

Ive been going to OF games since I was 4 years old, while this is an utterly shocking attack it is very rare, especially at Ibrox, ive never felt a bit of dangr at Ibrox park.