Nothing To Do With Out "off Field Problems"

gsa

So tell us when we were a silky attacking football team, I've only been alive for 35 years in in that time weve always been workman like and i do believe from stories my father has told that has always been our style.

We played our best football between years 22 and 27

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So tell us when we were a silky attacking football team, I've only been alive for 35 years in in that time weve always been workman like and i do believe from stories my father has told that has always been our style.

The fact you use phrases like "silky attacking team" says it all.

The fact you use phrases like "silky attacking team" says it all.

Says wit ffs, I said The Rangers are a workman like team you disagreed so tell me when we were not a workman like team? I'l leave out the "silky attacking" just for you sunshine should make things easier for you to answer.

There used to be a saying at an Old Firm game. "A heavy pitch will suit The Rangers". That probably went from away back right up till maybe John Greigs reign. It changed somewhat of course during the 80s. All subjective of course but the gist of it was Rangers being the more physical side.

I'm not debating the point here or getting involved in an argument, however, in Dick's time here, we were hardly a workman like team. We played some superb football.

Under LeGuen, even if only for a short time and particularly at the start of his short-lived reign, we played some absolutely stonking stuff.

So am i right in thinking it's Ally's fault, King's fault and now us the fans fault but no fault is at the door of the board?

No board endorsement here, but they aren't preparing the players to the point where a 20-goal a season, premier league striker can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo.

Find a scapegoat, a reason to blame, a witch hunt, look back in anger, count the cost.All this is destructive and serves no purpose for us. It is also what every non Rangers player, manager and fan is happy to see us do.I hasn't happened this year. McCoist is not the first Manager to have spent a lot of money and failed. He is not the first to to crack under pressure either, there are scores of them. It's gone. Managers come......and they go!

I would suggest he is the first to spend such a shed load of money to win two pub leagues and to then fail trying to win a third pub league. a poor manager who should have walked or been fired two years ago

The warnings were there when he was assistant to Walter, the days out with his selected player pals, the struggles when he prepared the team for the cup games and Walter had to come down the stairs to get the players to up their game.

Then turning the bright start of the in his first season by stopping the flow of midfield by shoehorning McCulloch into midfield and the downward slide started which events later turned into free fall.

Given the chance to make a new start the signing of the previously retired total footballer Kevin Kyle should itself been a sackable offence and it still continued as he tried to turn the clock back 5 years by bringing in players who were years past their usefulness Smith, then Miller, Boyd and Zaliukas and mediocrity in abundance Foster, McGregor and the others who had to be shown the door.

In addition we have witnessed part time teams being far fitter,faster and better prepared than the highly paid squad he built, part time and rookie mangers out wit the man with the long apprenticeship.

The playing side was down to one man and his vision has set the club back years and in a harder position to fix than when we started in the bottom tier.

It clearly does not help when fans are protesting before the match, Protesting in the stadium and boo'ing whenever we get beat and to top that off most fans are Boycotting. Lets face it were hardly the best supporters in the world cheering the lads on. All that no doubt takes a toll on the players

Have you just started watching Rangers or something? Even when we were in the top flight if we were evening drawing at half time the team would get booed off the park. I wasn't part of the protesting but I support the guys trying to influence chane I really do.

I would suggest he is the first to spend such a shed load of money to win two pub leagues and to then fail trying to win a third pub league. a poor manager who should have walked or been fired two years ago

Hindsight is a great thing. If he 'walked away' people like yourself would have been giving him the same abuse as McGregor, Naismith and Whittaker!

The warnings were there when he was assistant to Walter, the days out with his selected player pals, the struggles when he prepared the team for the cup games and Walter had to come down the stairs to get the players to up their game.

Then turning the bright start of the in his first season by stopping the flow of midfield by shoehorning McCulloch into midfield and the downward slide started which events later turned into free fall.

Given the chance to make a new start the signing of the previously retired total footballer Kevin Kyle should itself been a sackable offence and it still continued as he tried to turn the clock back 5 years by bringing in players who were years past their usefulness Smith, then Miller, Boyd and Zaliukas and mediocrity in abundance Foster, McGregor and the others who had to be shown the door.

In addition we have witnessed part time teams being far fitter,faster and better prepared than the highly paid squad he built, part time and rookie mangers out wit the man with the long apprenticeship.

The playing side was down to one man and his vision has set the club back years and in a harder position to fix than when we started in the bottom tier.

never a truer word. He was a effin chancer. Did not even do the management job let alone do it badly.

Fans that were too focused on boardroom nonsense let him away with it as well.

The fan's turned out in there droves the previous two seasons and the players still underperformed. To suggest that this is the fans fault is nonsense.

When the fans turned out in their droves, it was one of my proudest moment to be a Rangers supporter. Now I just feel embarrassed by a lot of the fans actions.

If fans don't go to the game because they don't like the product, I can accept that. It's their money, they are the customer, and if they don't feel they are getting their money's worth, they are perfectly entitled not to go. However, for fans groups to organise prolonged and orchestrated campaigns to damage the club short term, for political rather football reasons, is not acceptable IMO.

Surely we should support the team through thick and thin? The Rangers have never been known for silky attacking football we have always been a workman like team.

I hear Murray & King want to change our football philosophy...We'l see.

I would compare Rangers "style" to what the German national team is like. Strong , hardworking, reliable team, working as one unit. Not saying we've not had our flair players over the years but the team always comes first. Works for the Germans and us. People seem to maybe not like the term workman like but it is what it is.

I'm not debating the point here or getting involved in an argument, however, in Dick's time here, we were hardly a workman like team. We played some superb football.Under LeGuen, even if only for a short time and particularly at the start of his short-lived reign, we played some absolutely stonking stuff.

Le Guen was a disaster IMO. His spell proved that if you don't get the defence right and you constantly ship goals, losing games in the process, then the confidence of the team quickly drops away. It's then a downhill spiral.

Our team at the moment is no great shakes but it's being made worse by players loss of form. Again, this is down to shipping cheap goals. IMO if we get a good experience manager in, he should be able turn it round quite quickly (like Walter in 2007). We won't be a great team but playing to any kind of form we should be that to get out of the second division in Scotland.

Agree OP, the off field shite has fuck all to do with the pish football we play, the players are meant to be pros. I hate the board but to blame them for the disgraceful on field performances is just making excuses

I honestly think it is a combination. There is no doubt this team and management are the worst I can remember watching Rangers.

In saying that though, playing to an empty stadium can only motivate the opposition. There are games when the noise and colour in the stadium will lift us and also intimidate the opposition. Teams come to Ibrox now knowing it isn't a fortress and that there is a lack of support for the team. I think we would probably have more points from home games this year with a full stadium.