*****official Raith Rovers V Rangers Thread*****

TheCutch

Heard from a source the team will be 4-4-1-1, Jig in for Mcgregor and Clark in for Miller.

Edit to add, I'm told everything else is the same from last week. Glad Clark is in, but don't think Mcgregor deserves to be dropped, especially for Jig.

McCulloch was returning of that there was no doubt. Only McDowall can tell us what is so special about this lump of wood. Means we will play deeper than against Hibs and this will affect the midfield. An entire style and system devoted to one over the hill player.

McCulloch was returning of that there was no doubt. Only McDowall can tell us what is so special about this lump of wood. Means we will play deeper than against Hibs and this will affect the midfield. An entire style and system devoted to one over the hill player.

There must be a clause in his contract that he has to play if available.

Fair enough. You've probably seen more of him than me. It is a real shame that he hasn't kicked on, but if he isn't going to make it then he shoukd leave and let someone else (Gallagher) get a chance.

We have an infinitely more talented young playmaker/winger who should have been better managed to fulfil his potential. Barrie Mackay.

Yeah I agree, it seems a daft move, first time in a long time we actually looked like a unit playing in a system of sorts.

He is the captain, so I half expected his return, I was just hoping Mcdowell would have grown a set.

If what i'm told is true, it's good news that Clark is in (tu) but I cant help but feel its only becasue Miller is struggling with a knock.

We'll see how it goes, I want the same intensity and desire shown against Hibs, we just need a decent final pass and to be clinical.

We have an infinitely more talented young playmaker/winger who should have been better managed to fulfil his potential. Barrie Mackay.

Agreed (tu)

I've said countless times that him and Macleod where the reason we won that Third Divison in a somewhat enjoybale fashion imo.

For me, Mckay, on his day has the ability to be more influencial and create more than Macleod, but Macleod is the better player. Recall him sharpish and we'd be a lot btter to watch with Gallagher and Temps getting game time too. R

Agreed (tu)

I've said countless times that him and Macleod where the reason we won that Third Divison in a somewhat enjoybale fashion imo.

For me, Mckay, on his day has the ability to be more influencial and create more than Macleod, but Macleod is the better player. Recall him sharpish and we'd be a lot btter to watch with Gallagher and Temps getting game time too. R

I agree. We lack spontaneity and imagination. Everything we do is slow and telegraphed. That was fine in div 3 and 2 when fitness and power seen Jig rag defenders about but now we need to play a bit and seem to have forgotten how.

Macleod had the ability to to play a pass that would surprise you, a quality through ball that would make you applaud or even an overhead kick or two that you didn't see coming. We are frighteningly predictable now.

I need this post deciphered. Are you saying McKay will be an infinitely more tslented player if he managed to fulfil his potential? I agree that if he managed to show the talent we saw in Div 3 then he could be a superstar. However, he hasn't and that's why he's out on loan.

Maybe with new management and coaches they can get the best out of him. But it is as much down to him as much as others.

I agree. We lack spontaneity and imagination. Everything we do is slow and telegraphed. That was fine in div 3 and 2 when fitness and power seen Jig rag defenders about but now we need to play a bit and seem to have forgotten how.

That's definetly impacted us, games where won at a canter with very little football breaking out, especially in the 2nd, we won games just by turning up and being the bigger, stronger and fitter team, now teams are equally as fit, if not more so, and we lack the creativity to break them down and the know how to keep them out.

Hopefully a new gaffer with a good backroom staff comes in and sorts it out, the next managerial appointment is critical, we can't get it wrong.

I need this post deciphered. Are you saying McKay will be an infinitely more tslented player if he managed to fulfil his potential? I agree that if he managed to show the talent we saw in Div 3 then he could be a superstar. However, he hasn't and that's why he's out on loan.

Maybe with new management and coaches they can get the best out of him. But it is as much down to him as much as others.

I'm saying Aird is quick and tries hard which are fine attributes. He's clearly well liked by the management and I imagine is eager to please and applies himself. He is very limited though. He isn't a natural. A bit like Greg Wylde he has been coached to use his pace and doesn't have much else.

MacKay is a talented boy. He IS a natural footballer. He is far better than Aird. A good set of coaches would have gotten more from him but doubtless he's a bit harder to work with. He has miles more potential than Aird because he starts from a position of natural ball control and skill and needs help maturing into good pro. Seems like we are happier with the easy fix.

Still don't answer. I give criticism when it's due. I give praise when it's due. Given we are in 3rd place in the league. Haven't beaten Hearts or Hibs in the league. And currently have the worst squad in our history thanks to McCoist it's no wonder praise has been thin on the ground.

Unlike you who can only see good in all the players and dud ex manager.

I said McCoist was a dud as a manager right at the start but you would still have him in charge because of your misguided loyalty. You accept mediocrity...I don't.

... and as we are going back to the start - I said "3-0 to Rangers - Jig and double by Boyd" .... I still want my team to win, I predict 3 - 0 - and if that's to positive for you (or any others) then I feel sorry for you!

... and as we are going back to the start - I said "3-0 to Rangers - Jig and double by Boyd" .... I still want my team to win, I predict 3 - 0 - and if that's to positive for you (or any others) then I feel sorry for you![/quote

Boyd won't score if he plays the guy is changed.

... and as we are going back to the start - I said "3-0 to Rangers - Jig and double by Boyd" .... I still want my team to win, I predict 3 - 0 - and if that's to positive for you (or any others) then I feel sorry for you!

Still haven't answered the question....you're a joke figure. No concept on reality just the same rubbish week after week. You are no more loyal than me or any other fan.

Still haven't answered the question....you're a joke figure. No concept on reality just the same rubbish week after week. You are no more loyal than me or any other fan.

.. I may not be more loyal than you but I am a hell of a lot more positive - I can live with that!

If McDowell wants to save further heat from us fans and the critics then he should play as close to the team he fielded last week as injuries allow.

I'm sick of hearing "he doesn't want to be manager", if that's the case then he should save us and himself further embarrassment and walk away now.

If McDowell wants to save further heat from us fans and the critics then he should play as close to the team he fielded last week as injuries allow.

I'm sick of hearing "he doesn't want to be manager", if that's the case then he should save us and himself further embarrassment and walk away now.

Clark for Miller should be the only change, and that's forced.

If Jig comes back in it will be a disgrace, I fully expect it to happen of course as we don't seem to have a clue in any aspect of club football just now.