1. 1. Should Boyd play tonight ?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, mainly because we don't play a system that suits him. We rarely get to the byline and cut balls back to him. He'll score goals if we play with two out and out wingers, We've not had out and out wingers in god knows how long, Neil McCann, Weiss, Aluko where all capable of playing an old fashioned wingers role, Even Novo, when played wide right would always get to the byline. Our current ''wingers'' in Vuckic, Temps and Macleod before he left, they aren't the type of wingers to whip balls in/cut balls back and get to the byline, they come inside and look for little one two's and release the overlapping fullback or the attacking midfielder making a run forward. A lot of top teams use a similar system, but they have the set up and the players are worked on to master it.

Aird appears to be our ''wide man'' yet he's hopeless and raely whips a ball in beyond the half way line. Boyd, if played, would rely on Clark picking up the ball from Vuckic, running beyond their back 4 and laying it on a plate for him, Clark is capable, as if Vuckic, but that's asking a lot from two players to take out an entire back four in two-three passes. I've seen Mckay get to the byline, but he's another who often drifts inside to get on the ball, we dont have the players to suit Boyds game

With our current set of attacking players, the best way we could set up, IMO, would be

Hutton Murdoch

Law Temps Vuckic

Clark

Hutton and Murdoch will have to put in a shift, but that front 4 allows Wallace to get forward from deep and the ability to link play between Temps, Vuckic and Clark, there would be more movement and a series of quick passing that we've not seen at Ibrox in donkeys.

I would like to see Hardie and Gallacher together up front at some point in the first team. Contradicts my line up from the match thread for tonight but it's a strike force which could develop into something special over time.

For tonight i'd go with a front 3 of Miller and Hardie playing off Daly in a 4-1-2-3

I liked the look of Boyd and Clark together at the start of the season. I genuinely still think he can find his goalscoring touch with a run of games

Defo and like lots of strikers it's all about confidence and when the goals dry up it's hard to get over it especially with lots of the crowd on your back.

As fustrating as it is I think we should stick by him as if his goals return he will be invaluable come the end of the season and our fight for promotion.

Defo and like lots of strikers it's all about confidence and when the goals dry up it's hard to get over it especially with lots of the crowd on your back.

As fustrating as it is I think we should stick by him as if his goals return he will be invaluable c

Agreed , don't think you lose that goalscorers instinct . However you do lose sharpness and confidence which a run in the team could help . Also fitness which is down to Boyd to do something about himself

No - he is fuckign rank rotten, unfit and un interested. Get him to fuck

he may be unfit, lazy and whatever else but he definitely isn't uninterested every time he misses or gets taken off after not scoring you can see how disappointed and frustrated he is

Boyd has had his chances this year. He missed countless sitters against hibs and Raith which cost us those matches. Could possibly forgive him for missing chances if he gave us something else but he does fuck all. Can't remember the last time I've seen him sprint. Only thing he's good at is moaning. Surely someone else deserve a chance to show they can be the striker we need?