Sky Sports Dave King Interview

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What we have here is the lowering of expectations, as if we have not had enough of that under Ally now we are in for more of the same under King.

Embarrassing doesn't sum up King enough.

It's reasonable to assume that in the current mess we find ourselves in that it's going to take a long time to get back to where we were. Anyone thinking otherwise is deluding themselves.

So in 2 years he hopes we will be the 2nd best club, magic is this what we should expect for the future to be second best??

What did you expect?

King and co are not going to plough millions into us and no one in their right mind would either.

We require a new sqaud, new manager, new coaching staff, a scouting network and then pray it all gels together as soon as possible.

Folk who think we can challenge if we go up next season are deluded.

Why shouldn't we be happy with that?

Realistically, it was always going to take a good few years to compete with the tarriers.

It will take longer with King if at all as he doesn't seem to want to pay the Ashley loan or clear the debt. this was always my main worry he just doesn't seem to have the money to take us forward.

We should have got Sarver in rather than somebody who clearly seems to be downplaying the challenge already.

Saying he's a Rangers man will give him no breathing space in a years time if we are still in the shit.

It will take longer with King if at all as he doesn't seem to want to pay the Ashley loan or clear the debt. this was always my main worry he just doesn't seem to have the money to take us forward.

We should have got Sarver in rather than somebody who clearly seems to be downplaying the challenge already.

He's not even in the door yet. Give the guy a chance FFS.

What we have here is the lowering of expectations, as if we have not had enough of that under Ally now we are in for more of the same under King.

Embarrassing doesn't sum up King enough.

Yes, I already see the lowering of expectations and the excuses will pile up.

Im not deluded but come tae fuck, your on the verge of taking over and you tell people that you want the club to become second best, he could have said in two years time we hope to make this club a better place to involved in and make our club Great again after the last 3 years of turmoil, to say guy best we can do is be second best not good enough for me sorry.

I'm willing to give him time, but I think some people are being a bit premature with the celebrations.

Let's not forget, it's taken him 3 years to get here. He's stated he didn't want to invest. He said he'd step aside if someone made a better offer. He wants to let Septic win the league almost every other year. He thinks 9 in a row was boring. He said he wouldn't line the pockets of hedge funds. He said we were going into administration multiple times. He only bothered his arse to buy shares when they were as low as possible, regardless of how long that meant letting those he claimed were damaging us remain in charge. He said fan ownership wouldn't work, but now has done a complete u-turn so he can get votes. He said he didn't care what fans thought, he'd do what was best for him. He used his puppets to get Rangers fans to not only boycott the football matches, but also merchandise. He tried to hold a previous board to ransom by getting fans to place their season ticket money in an account of which he could use to get what he wanted.... without spending his own money. He said we should apologise to Scottish football... in fact, he went one step further and apologised for us. He thinks we should be rebuilding relationships with those who've done their utmost to ensure we were incapable of being the dominant force in Scottish football we once were.

I don't care if he's a Rangers man, he's given me more reason than any of the other board members did before they got power, to not trust him.

Time will tell, but I'm certainly not blowing up balloons and getting the streamers out.

Saying he's a Rangers man will give him no breathing space in a years time if we are still in the shit.

Yeah because he's gonna detail all of those answers in an airport lounge on his way to Glasgow for a fairly important meeting.

Poker players don't usually tell you what cards they're holding.

People jumping the gun and leaping to wild conclusions as per fucking usual. Back and listen to what King actually said. Fuck it, I've transcribed the answer word for word:

Jim White: The bad old days, are they gone for good?

Dave King: I think we're going to have a couple of tough years. I would think that it would be naive, and it's not even a question about just money, to think that for Rangers to become - I think fairly quickly - the second-top club in Scotland I think should be achieved in fairly short notice, but I think there is a very very substantial gap between Rangers and Celtic - at the moment - and I think for us to narrow that gap, as we surely will do, has to be done in a juducious basis, we mustn't ever get to the situation where we put Rangers into financial distress chasing something which can be managed in a far more commercial and sane basis, if I can use that term.

Nothing there to suggest for a second that he'll be happy to be the second best in Scotland. FFS.

People jumping the gun and leaping to wild conclusions as per fucking usual. Back and listen to what King actually said. Fuck it, I've transcribed the answer word for word:

Nothing there to suggest for a second that he'll be happy to be the second best in Scotland. FFS.

Your to late - everyone will prefer to latch onto the 'settle for second best' line as that's the only way they can keep the moaning going - heaven forbid anything positive!