Mccall Interview Today

PRW.

Video in link.

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/rangers/314060-stuart-mccall-will-wield-axe-to-find-players-deserving-of-rangers-jersey/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Rangers boss Stuart McCall will ring the changes in an effort to find the right combination and players "who are deserving of the jersey."

The Ibrox club have won just one of their last eight games, including Saturday's 1-1 draw with Livingston in McCall's debut as Rangers boss.

And McCall has confirmed that he will make a number of changes to his team over the next few weeks, dropping many of his first-team flops in an effort to revitalise Rangers' season.

"We will need to change personnel," he said. "I will need to see most of the squad, they will get a game in the next few weeks, and that’s not just a game for the sake of a game.

"Until we find the right formula and we get players who are deserving of the jersey then I will make changes, and that will be the case for tomorrow.

"We’re analysing but we’ve got to do it quickly to get up and back to winning football matches."

Rangers have until March 31 to sign free agents, with McCall admitting that he could be tempted into reshaping his squad ahead of the Championship run-in.

"I’ve got a meeting with Paul [Murray] tonight (Tuesday) and John [Gilligan]. I look at the squad and you would think it would be big enough, but if there were an opportunity there to freshen things up.

"But maybe we’ll go with youth. We’ve had a couple in training, Crawford made an impression, Aird has made an impression. No matter what age you are you have got to catch the eye and make an impression."

Great words from McCall. If this guy can get us playing well and winning again I can see him being here for years to come! So good to hear a Rangers manager out talking about football with passion.

Great words from McCall. If this guy can get us playing well and winning again I can see him being here for years to come! So good to hear a Rangers manager out talking about football with passion.

I'd imagine he will be at least a coach no matter what happens this season. Tbh it's not a manager we need to get us out of this, it's Houdini

Crawford and aird showed up well? Crawford couldn't get a game with Morton and aird hasn't played for weeks,and couldn't even

Impress in 2 development games I've seen him in recently,what about Gallagher,dykes,halkett etc

I think McCalls team talk on Saturday was clearly "if you want to stay in the team go out and show it"

Now he understands that supposed 'first team' are a bunch of lazy pricks who couldn't give 2 fucks if we get promoted as 90% won't be here next season.

I'd suspend most of them, their attitude on the training ground will hamper any kids we promote.

Crawford and aird showed up well? Crawford couldn't get a game with Morton and aird hasn't played for weeks,and couldn't even

Impress in 2 development games I've seen him in recently,what about Gallagher,dykes,halkett etc

Every time I saw the reports on him he'd played most of the game? Whereas McKay is rank rotten for Raith and everyone is raving about him.

I think McCalls team talk on Saturday was clearly "if you want to stay in the team go out and show it"

Now he understands that supposed 'first team' are a bunch of lazy pricks who couldn't give 2 fucks if we get promoted as 90% won't be here next season.

I'd suspend most of them, their attitude on the training ground will hamper any kids we promote.

said much the same weeks ago - drop them all

Think most of us now fear we are going to be in this same shit situation next year so better to start digging us out of the hole now before going up. Liked th einterview, at least SM has sent a message to those who are walking through games that the game is up, play or fuck off out of the team.

Good words from Stuart, unfortunately, it's the opposition that are looking more likely to impose an impression in games against us. Let's hope more and more of the young guys get a game as we all know what the 'old school' players are capable of. Nowt!

Aird at RB? Try something different on the RHS of the pitch. Give the Wallace / Templeton combination more game time on the LHS. IMO Templeton needs game time and an incentive to go and deliver. Bit parts in games are not the answer for him. Hutton is not the answer in midfield. His attitude when he was growled at by Supporters in GF on Saturday showed just why he is not the person in that role to handle the pressure this season. So its Black or Crawford in his place. Gallagher and Clark up front.

And Jig? Would be convenient if he developed a wee injury or some other reason that prevented him from playing. McGregor and Daly at CB combination? Why Daly? Well some sort of imposing strength is needed and at least he has that. And has played CB before. Not ideal - far from it- but one thing is for sure a defence needs to be found that stops conceding goals. Starting now.

McCall has to make changes tomorrow night.

I would play Hardie, Gallagher, Templeton, Walsh, Sinammon.

Try McGregor and Daly in central defence....and in desperation (fuck all else has worked)

Nah Daly is fucking far too slow for a centerback, would rather have Zaliukas there mind you saying that wasn't he in that position at scumdee united.