Fernando Ricksen : Hard Times

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Felt myself tearing up watching that. A hero for me growing up on the park, obviously a little less aware of his off the field antics, being a young age, but he was a hero non-the-less to me.

It is heart breaking to see the way he is, but he revealed he is happy, and that was touching, and an absolute credit to the character that he is.

Great documentary. I would recommend his book as well, some brilliant stories.

I loved the one where he was on international duty and after a game him and another player went to the bar in the hotel. The other player went away to bed but Fernando kept on drinking. He realised the time and was about to be late for the team bus so he run up to the hotel room to grab his suitcase but his door was locked. He had to kick his door in and grab his stuff and then run drunkingly back to the bus. I think that was the end of his international career!

I have just came in, to find my wife absolutely sobbing.

She had just watched the documentary about Fernando and she is really upset.

I have still to watch,as she taped it for me.

Was going to say she's probably crying because you're home but having watched it i can understand how she feels.

Makes you laugh and cry at the same time.

Everyone who contributed to the making of this deserves our thanks.

Never thought i'd say this but well done Sky Sports.

Missed both the 7pm and the 9pm showings and really want to see it. Any ideas where I could watch it now? I have sky player on my xbox.

Available through Sky Catch up, on demand.

I loved the one where he was on international duty and after a game him and another player went to the bar in the hotel. The other player went away to bed but Fernando kept on drinking. He realised the time and was about to be late for the team bus so he run up to the hotel room to grab his suitcase but his door was locked. He had to kick his door in and grab his stuff and then run drunkingly back to the bus. I think that was the end of his international career!

Aye it was the wrong room door he kicked in, he was the wrong floor. :lol:

Couldn't help but draw a lot of similarities with Gazza when some of the stories were being told, would have been interesting if they two were ever in the same team :lol:

So proud of my club watching that. At his darkest hour and arguably our darkest hour we rally round a friend in need. All the players and management spoke so well about Fernando. Truly, more than a club.

And apologies if straying off topic here but Spiers was on Cowan & Cosgroves programme on Saturday bleating about how he fell out of love with Rangers due to the 'bigotry'. It made me annoyed at the time (should have switched off really) but after watching Fernando's programme I just thought in one weekend I'd experienced the extremes of powerful dignity on one hand and sleekit self-aggrandisement on the other.