Stubbs:2-0 Lead The Most Vulnerable In Football.

Not even half as vulnerable as a 2-0 deficit ya crazy big, cross eyed, squashed headed freak.

Rangers boss Stuart McCall says he is ignoring the 'mind games' of Hibernian counterpart Alan Stubbs ahead of their play-off showdown at Easter Road.
The sides meet in the second leg of their semi-final on Saturday with Rangers holding a 2-0 advantage thanks to goals from Nicky Clark and Kenny Miller at Ibrox on Wednesday.
Following the home side's win in midweek, former Celtic defender Stubbs suggested '2-0 was probably the most vulnerable scoreline in football', but McCall smiled: "I'd probably say that if I was in his position."

McCall, who intends to apply for the Ibrox post on a full-time basis whichever division the club are in next season, added: "But I'm sure if you ask Alan he would rather be up 2-0.

"I take his point, you hear pundits saying on the TV that 2-0 is always a dodgy score but for me I'd rather be going in 2-0 up than 2-0 down.

"My philosophy will be that we have to defend well but we need to carry an attacking threat and we can't sit in and give up ground or territory. In our eyes we're going there to hopefully score a goal which would mean they need to get at least three."

Stubbs has already rubbished suggestions his team were intimidated by the noise generated by a 41,000 crowd at Ibrox on Wednesday and McCall is in total agreement.
"First and foremost it is rubbish about Hibs being bottlers," he said. "I think that is nonsense because they performed well and there wasn't much in it.
"Confidence is a huge thing. Going to Easter Road earlier this season and getting the result we did... galvanised everybody and since then in the big games we have performed. I think the team have only lost one in 16 or 17 games."

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never heard that before, probably because statistically it's bollocks.

They cunts fancied it big time at ibrox on wednesday.so did their fenian army.i looked over at them a couple of minutes of kenny's goal. The realisation of getting .ideas above yer station , saying ye were buying tickets In.amongst the bears, and that if we score again, it's Dumbarton away again next season.

I wish we had finished them off at ibrox.im saying no more.

But as the guy said previously.bears please watch yersels on Saturday. Stick together and keep yer eyes open, and more than anything,more important than the result, make sure you.get home safe.

No Surrender

Rab