Letter From David King

In the letter he mentions his father. Why does he feel the need, has he not told us before that his dad was a policeman who didn't like the football, resented it, and grudged taking him to a game. I can't remember what audience he was talking to that time, but, which was it?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great statement that says fans should fund the club, not spivs with in one door-out the other.

Rangers are the biggest supported club in Scotland and in the top ten in Britain. We don't need another DM. We don't need DK or the three bears to fund this club! Rangers are the worlds most successful club because of the fans.

Get the season tickets back on a waiting list!

Some usual suspects missing from this thread!???

He also says - "What I can say, however, is that if I, and other investors have to put in an extra £5m for this season thats what well do. If it requires more, for instance £10m, so be it"

@ Mr RFC

He and other investors are clearly willing to shore up any shortfall. The funds are not limitless though and a million(s) pound(s) spent offsetting poor.season ticket sales is money we could be spending on players.

Put up or shut up Dave its not candy coated letter time its time to get your wallet out as you said you would Pre- board appointment.

What happened to the 16 million just sitting waiting to go to the club. ?

Do you just walk about with a dark cloud hanging over you?

I was never in favour of King taking control of Rangers and I certainly didn't agree with his/SoS tactics of coercing our fans to boycott everything that stood in his way of getting control, but he and his other backers are in the hot seat and we need to back them to the hilt in the efforts to get our club back to being THE club in Scottish football.

Yes he is saying all the right things that SHOULD be done and talk is cheap, but if we don't back his ideas then we will go nowhere fast (unless you know of any super rich Yank or Arab willing to plough millions into our coffers) so I think that letter points out the reality of the situation and that once again we as supporters have a massive role to play in making sure there are no more fuck-ups both on and off the park.

I was never in favour of King taking control of Rangers and I certainly didn't agree with his/SoS tactics of coercing our fans to boycott everything that stood in his way of getting control, but he and his other backers are in the hot seat and we need to back them to the hilt in the efforts to get our club back to being THE club in Scottish football.

Yes he is saying all the right things that SHOULD be done and talk is cheap, but if we don't back his ideas then we will go nowhere fast (unless you know of any super rich Yank or Arab willing to plough millions into our coffers) so I think that letter points out the reality of the situation and that once again we as supporters have a massive role to play in making sure there are no more fuck-ups both on and off the park.

(tu)

I try not to be partial, but King appears to be willing to do more than his opponents and recent predecessors in restoring our Club to its rightful place, so I think we have to back him.

Fantastic letter. Charles Green or Mike Ashley would be being heralded as the second coming if they'd written similar.

I will certainly be buying a season ticket (not renewing as i would never have bought one under the previous board)

If we get a good manager signed up followed by some more positive action from the board we'll start to think about buzzing .

At the moment we aren't in a good place and we've heard this type of stuff for a while now .

We need to see actions and promises being honored .

If DK can at least make a start he'll have tremendous support .

I will be renewing, i see it this way, why would king just throw in a random figure of say £10m when he can have a look at the season ticket sales,get us on the share market,have a share issue,then he can decide whats actually needed to run rangers as a sustainable bussiness, then he will come up with goods amongst others,too many people want this board to sort out the wrongs of the past three years in three months, it cant be done !

The letter is good in some parts but when I take a completely rational view of it I am a little concerned...

I think Dave King could have said something like _- were all in this together and that whatever money raised through season ticket sales he will match....

I'd have liked a manager in by now as well.....

Sorry but I'm just not convinced yet....

King has to get his money out first and announce a new manager the fans want!

Then fans will dig deep if they think the new manager is the right one and buy ST's

No one can afford £400 to go watch shite on the field again

Time for change, Rangers fans have dug deep for the last 3/4 years