First Signings

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why spend clise to 2 millon for Dallas when we could have Shane Ferguson for free?

I'd imagine it's a lot to do with Warburton wanting to bring in players he knows and trusts.

Ferguson also has a year left on his deal at Newcastle so unless they've stated otherwise there's no guarantee he'd be available for free.

I'd imagine it's a lot to do with Warburton wanting to bring in players he knows and trusts.

Ferguson also has a year left on his deal at Newcastle so unless they've stated otherwise there's no guarantee he'd be available for free.

I thought Newcastle told th likes of Streete, Ferguson, and Vuckic that they were to go and find another club? I don't think those guys will be commanding large transfer fees. We could probably land Ferguson,Vuckic, and Scott Allan for less than £1.5m.

I thought Newcastle told th likes of Streete, Ferguson, and Vuckic that they were to go and find another club? I don't think those guys will be commanding large transfer fees. We could probably land Ferguson,Vuckic, and Scott Allan for less than £1.5m.

Streete was released. The other guys are still contracted but have been told they'll be free to leave if another club comes in, that doesn't mean they won't look for a fee though.

Chaps lets show the manager a bit of support on this. Several posts saying why spend money on him when Ferguson was free whilst admitting having hardly seen either. Makes no sense.

Yup, the pertinent point is that Warburton and Weir have seen and worked with him, so if they think he's worth bringing for money we can ill afford, they must be confident they can make it work.

That's if it's more than paper-talk of course.

Streete was released. The other guys are still contracted but have been told they'll be free to leave if another club comes in, that doesn't mean they won't look for a fee though.

Newcastle want rid of them and I doubt it'll cost much to see them part company. It's been said that Vuckic wants a permenent deal with Rangers.

Given what level we're at and how many players we need to bring in £1.5m seem like an awful lot of money to spend on one guy.

Newcastle want rid of them and I doubt it'll cost much to see them part company. It's been said that Vuckic wants a permenent deal with Rangers.

Given what level we're at and how many players we need to bring in £1.5m seem like an awful lot of money to spend on one guy.

Ferguson has went from not costing us a thing to you now saying you doubt he'll cost much as Newcastle want rid.

Vuckic is in the same boat as Ferguson yet you've said in another thread we could get him for a million. I get the feeling you're just making this up as you go along.

As for spending £1.5m on one player, yes that seems like a lot of money but if Warburton rates him and the board are willing to pay it then why not? It's unlikely but for all we know that could be a small fraction of the budget that's been made available.

Don't get the hype with Ferguson. Aye he looked good when he came on as a sub at Ibrox against a team who sat back and let him run at them.

Done fuck all at Fir Park.

If Warbs reckons Dallas is worth the money then that's good enough for me. He obviously thinks he will excel when/if we get promoted. A year down the line he could be worth a lot more.

Heard it here first, Lee Wallace is getting punted and they are brining in Barry Douglas.

Definately Not happening.. He is staying at Poznan for champions league and hopes to move to Germany soon. Not interested in a move to Scotland for a few years atleast.

1st team Backup

GK ? Bell

RB ? ?

CB Wilson Gasparotto

CB McGregor Zaliukas

LB Wallace ?

DM ? Murdoch

CM Allan Law

CM ? Shiels

W Dallas Walsh

W ? Templeton

CF ? Miller

Further squad players: Another GK, Aird, Gallagher, Clark

Based on who we've been linked with, I think the above is what we need to fill

The club should offer Dundee United a player swap for Ciftci. Templeton is the type of player Dundee United would go for and if it helps us get their striker then why not. Might benefit both clubs and the players themselves.

What a buzz it would be if we had a press conference unveiling Allan, Wilson, Ciftci, Dallas and Vuckic.

I always remember the year Boumsong signed, the poster in Rangers News was all the new signings holding the jerseys up.

The club should offer Dundee United a player swap for Ciftci. Templeton is the type of player Dundee United would go for and if it helps us get their striker then why not. Might benefit both clubs and the players themselves.

:lol:

Templeton is shit.