First Signings

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Odubajo is a good player. Was great for Leyton Orient in league 1 before signing for Brentford. Pretty sure he scored a playoff final goal for Orient too...

But he's no right back, he's a winger.

Played right back for a while for Brentford but he's way more effective on the wing.

I reckon we will make 5-8 signings. This talk of 12-15 is insane.

He said himself he used a squad of 24 at Brentford. We currently have a first team of 14 and reckon we must have a couple of bright and upcoming youths that we will use.

On the other hand if a lot of our first team are sold then fair enough, but will anyone want to pay cash for that shite?

<script language='javascript'> </script>

Moses Odubajo from Brentford

He signed for Brentford from Leyton Orient for about £1m last summer, he played 40 odd games for a high flying Brentford side. He still has 2 years left on his current deal and has been capped 6 times in this year for England U-20s. I think we can put this one to bed right now.

He said himself he used a squad of 24 at Brentford. We currently have a first team of 14 and reckon we must have a couple of bright and upcoming youths that we will use.

On the other hand if a lot of our first team are sold then fair enough, but will anyone want to pay cash for that shite?

Aye. I think we'll make 6 signings, and he'll rely heavilly on Gasparotto, Hardie, Walsh and Murdoch. I also expect one of the younger keepers to come through this season.

Have we been linked with any right backs?

That's a position I'm concerned about. Don't want us to have to shoehorn McGregor in there.

Hopefully young Ryan Sinnamon gets the chance to prove himself at right back.

Yup, and do more in the Jan window depending on performances.

We have 3 windows before(hopefully) the spfl, it would make more sense to bring in 5-8 players now then bring in a couple more if necessary in january and finally add what we need again in the summer. This way the majority of our squad will have played together for at least half a season and we can chop and change gradually rather than wholesale.

I think there was Edu for £2m, then 3 windows (some loans signings in between) and then Jelavic. I can't remember an awful lot but I know Wallace was during the Craig Whyte era, sure Edu was 2007, Jelavic 2009 and Wallace 2011...not a great amount of signings (fees) for such a long span of time, I may have missed some but what a horrible fucking period

Think the longest we have went without adding any sort of player was about 18 months and that was ended when Rothen joined us. Could be wrong though but I think I remember Sky Sports making a big deal over it.

Weiss does this all the time, gets folk excited and then goes quiet all of a sudden. I loved him here and I'd love him here again in the right system and on the right wages but to me it just looks like he wants attention, favourites and retweets.

5 first team starters now, 2 or 3 in January will see the league won. - Danny Wilson, Stevie May, Lewis Mcleod + a couple of surprises.

Then another 4 for the Premier league, will see a whole new team, plus the promising youngsters and a few loanees.

We will be back where we belong in 3 seasons, challenging and hopefully winning the league!

5 first team starters now, 2 or 3 in January will see the league won. - Danny Wilson, Stevie May, Lewis Mcleod + a couple of surprises.

Then another 4 for the Premier league, will see a whole new team, plus the promising youngsters and a few loanees.

We will be back where we belong in 3 seasons, challenging and hopefully winning the league!

its all so simple.

Weiss retweeted somebody sayng something nice about him. He's hardly been declaring his desire to come back.

'Retweet if you think Vladimir Weiss should get on the first flight to Glasgow and join the Warburton revolution.'

That was what he retweeted mate.