Could Templeton Thrive Under Warbs?

MacBoyd

The boy was fucked about by McCoist, he was not part of the inner circle and he certainly did not laugh and suck up McCoists arse like other players.

If Ally did not want him, then why waste valuable money on him? If it was not working, then why not try and recoup the money?

I expect great things from the wee man next season.

Templeton is good enough and Warburton will get the best out of him.

Be serious the boys a shitebag who shites out of tackles and never tracks back and defends, comes off injured when the going gets tough.

This is why my we need a Magician not a manager thread was spot on, some are expecting Warbs to raise the dead..

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be serious the boys a shitebag who shites out of tackles and never tracks back and defends, comes of injured when the going gets tough.

This is why my we need a Magician not a manager thread was spot on.

He's David Templeton, not Claude Makelele, the day Templeton is asked to put in crunching tackles is the day Ricky Foster becomes a goal scoring centre mid.

Agreed he's been poor this season, but so has everyone. if he buys into Warburton's ethos, we'll be pressing high, attacking and building from the back, if you want a wide man than works back the way, I give you Fraser Aird (tu)

Be serious the boys a shitebag who shites out of tackles and never tracks back and defends, comes off injured when the going gets tough.

This is why my we need a Magician not a manager thread was spot on, some are expecting Warbs to raise the dead..

In your opinion, yes , not in mine.

I would never have given McCoist the job but that was my opinion at the time. .

Yep lets toss him aside and waste more money, Or how about save a million on a player and get him playing the way he can.

No wonder we are in such a mess if we just expect.

Templeton will have to work his socks off in pre season to prove he's worth another crack, and I expect him to do just that.

But that's my opinion , and let's hope I am right.

He's David Templeton, not Claude Makelele, the day Templeton is asked to put in crunching tackles is the day Ricky Foster becomes a goal scoring centre mid.

Agreed he's been poor this season, but so has everyone. if he buys into Warburton's ethos, we'll be pressing high, attacking and building from the back, if you want a wide man than works back the way, I give you Fraser Aird (tu)

Aird? is it April fool or something.

I bet Templeton gets a guy to do the foreplay on his burd, then he jumps on, then half way through he probably gets off with a groin strain then gets another guy in to finish her off.

If she has nothing but real grass on the pitch he cant even get on at all.

Are you trying to compare Templeton to Davie Cooper?

Come on mate.

I dont know why anybody would have taken that post as a comparison of ability tbh.

I took it as a high profile example of how players who maybe haven't done as well under one manager can turn it around and thrive under different management.

Not sure how many 'chances' David Templeton needs. Particularly not sure how many chances he deserves if not getting along with McCoist led to performances as dire as he was putting in. I'm just not sure where people get this idea that he's under performing. He's exactly like Nicky Law; he looks great for an also-ran SPL side, but just doesn't have it in him to be a key player in a team that is expected to win week-in week-out.

Not sure how many 'chances' David Templeton needs. Particularly not sure how many chances he deserves if not getting along with McCoist led to performances as dire as he was putting in. I'm just not sure where people get this idea that he's under performing. He's exactly like Nicky Law; he looks great for an also-ran SPL side, but just doesn't have it in him to be a key player in a team that is expected to win week-in week-out.

Spot on.

He's basically failed every audition he has had other than in the third division.

He's a pretty poor footballer in all honestly.

He's injury prone, doesn't have the intelligence to adapt his game and clearly seems to be someone who won't give their all for the cause.

I'd sell if we could get a buyer.

Not in a million light years is there any comparison. If he doesn't get his finger out under Warburton and Weir in the coming season (both on and off the park) he will be playing back at Stenhousemuir after his contract runs out in 2016.

That transfer fee we reportedly paid for him (£700,000 + wages) would arguably be one of the worst bits of business we have ever done.

I agree (tu)

I'm willing to just let Warburton come in, see the guy in training, have a chat with him and make up his mind. I'll back the manager in his conclusion after that. With his comments about players "must add value" to the Club still ringing in my ears, I'll expect him shifted if he doesn't perform.

It depends what Templeton's real problem is. Wingers are notoriously fickle and can fade fast. They need to be confident and sharp to keep their edge. He's still young and if W and W see something in him and can bring it out he may well thrive. Perhaps it's the same with the likes of Aird. Warburton likes wingers/wide players (no pun intended), so if anyone can make them play, it's him.

We'll just have to see and the signings over the next few weeks will go a long way to showing what the new management team think of Templeton in particular.

I don't think he is a winger for a start. He also plays too much with the head down and runs in to trouble too often. He is not a smart footballer who will look to pass and move and link up play. All too often he plays wide, tries to cut inside and the full back bullies him off the ball.

He is not a young lad and this "potential" just reminds me of Paul McStay.

He is under contract so therefore i would assume will be given a chance under Warburton. However if he doesn't come out the traps flying in pre season then he is, as Ozblue said, destined to return to Stenhousemuir.

He will get his chance under Warburton but if he doesn't perform he will be shipped out - simple as that. With the management team already stating they want to keep a small squad then they certainly won't be carrying any passengers.

I wrote in another thread that this is a fresh start for the likes of aird, temps and mckay, it is up to them to put the graft in and prove themselves to the new management team, not all if any will do so but they will have no one else to blame now for failing.

Although I hope that they all prove us wrong and go on to be good players.

I think he's a confidence type player and he's not been blessed with a manager yet who knows what the fuck they're doing, bar McCall, and the playoffs was not the time to be massaging Templeton's ego.

I get the impression he doesn't work hard enough to get a place in the starting 11 but again that may be linked to his head going down, maybe a new manager with a fresh approach will re-ignite his passion and he can push on.

If he's not prepared to do that then he will find himself out the door and playing for a team fighting relegation every year.

Your choice, Temps.