Could Templeton Thrive Under Warbs?

MacBoyd

Templeton, I'm afraid is the epitome of the old phrase "hard work beats talent if talent doesn't work hard". He has all the natural ability to be a top player but lacks the application to make himself better. He's lazy, his attitude stinks and has done since his loan days at Raith Rovers.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Templeton, I'm afraid is the epitome of the old phrase "hard work beats talent if talent doesn't work hard". He has all the natural ability to be a top player but lacks the application to make himself better. He's lazy, his attitude stinks and has done since his loan days at Raith Rovers.

Imo the guy has lost his confidence.

The word is him and McCoist fell out after Templetons bird posted a picture of McCoist doing Karaoke after that Ramsden Final at Fester Rd.

There is a player there and maybe Warburton is the man to get him playing again.

If he is not prepared to work then punt him.

Plays 433 apparently and likes to play attacking, quick football with the ball on the deck. An inform temps on the left side of a front 3 would be like a new signing. Or does he just not have it in him to be a Ranger?

No

He has to say everyone has a clean slate. What else is he going to say in a press conference? I trust Warburton will note who has enough talent and the right attitude over the next few weeks and we look forward to that happening. And we all have our favourites who should be given the boot. Fingers crossed he makes good decisions.

I've a sneaky feeling Templeton will stay, until January at least.

He has never played more than 4 or 5 decent games a season at Hearts or us.We cannot blame all of the managers he had for making him lose confidence for the majority of so many football seasons.

I believe he is just over hyped and lacking in attitude and heart and can not be remotely considered a team player. All through his career if a defender stops his first run his contribution stops then and there.

Not say Davie Cooper had a bad attitude but until Souness came along to reignite him DC was circling the exit door at Ibrox. if what they say about his man management MW can do the same for Templeton

Are you trying to compare Templeton to Davie Cooper?

Come on mate.

He may have adopted Davies surname but there's no comparison what so ever in terms of Footballing ability.

Not in a million light years is there any comparison. If he doesn't get his finger out under Warburton and Weir in the coming season (both on and off the park) he will be playing back at Stenhousemuir after his contract runs out in 2016.

That transfer fee we reportedly paid for him (£700,000 + wages) would arguably be one of the worst bits of business we have ever done.

Twmpleton like the rest will have a fresh start.

Ally and McDowall are to blame for him and players like Boyd, Boyd was great at Killie yet a few months later he could not hit a barn door, like Templeton our management team let him down, I know for a fact McCoist bullshited Templeton when he wanted to go out on loan and play football.

What was he needed for Ally? To take the kit on the bus? As you said he was needed yet let him rot away at our the fans expense.

Expect the player we signed to turn up this season.

Twmpleton like the rest will have a fresh start.

Ally and McDowall are to blame for him and players like Boyd, Boyd was great at Killie yet a few months later he could not hit a barn door, like Templeton our management team let him down, I know for a fact McCoist bullshited Templeton when he wanted to go out on loan and play football.

What was he needed for Ally? To take the kit on the bus? As you said he was needed yet let him rot away at our the fans expense.

Expect the player we signed to turn up this season.

That's us fucked then that means a few good games then out with an injury.

He's just not good enough, no manager will change that.

He's not good enough? He is the only player we had who could beat a man and create chances, Blame Super Ally for the way he's turned out as if he would have been at Hearts he would have been in their team every week last season.

He's not good enough? He is the only player we had who could beat a man and create chances, Blame Super Ally fir the way he's turned out as if he would have been at Hearts he would have been in their team every week last season.

He's not good enough.

He has ability but he has no bottle and his attitude stinks.

That's us fucked then that means a few good games then out with an injury.

The boy was fucked about by McCoist, he was not part of the inner circle and he certainly did not laugh and suck up McCoists arse like other players.

If Ally did not want him, then why waste valuable money on him? If it was not working, then why not try and recoup the money?

I expect great things from the wee man next season.

Templeton is good enough and Warburton will get the best out of him.

I cant understand the constant need for people to brand Templeton as shite or rubbish, the wee man is, on his day, our most effective attacking threat, and if it wasn't for a few niggling injuries and a management team that refused to stick by him when form wasn't with him, he'd have been creating, scoring and making chances... I'll hold my hands up - He hasn't played well enough when he did get his one or two starts after being left out for large spells to merit a constant starting berth, yet lads like Vuckic, who was seriously lacking match sharpness, would play regardless of form, Jig, regardless of form, even Wallace played regardless of form, Miller, played regardless of form, Law, played regardless of form, Templeton, dropped as soon as he misplaces a pass. It also isn't fair to judge a attacking, and at times inconsistent wide man when he needs to feed of the players around him. Messi wouldn't have looked any good when he goes for a one-two with Kris Boyd.

I really hope he gets a clean slate, he has been poor when giving his chance, but he's also been treated unfairly by our management teams. Complete lack of faith and trust in the lad, despite him being no more ineffective than Boyd, Foster, Law, Shiels, Clark have been throughout the season

I cant understand the constant need for people to brand Templeton as shite or rubbish, the wee man is, on his day, our most effective attacking threat, and if it wasn't for a few niggling injuries and a management team that refused to stick by him when form wasn't with him, he'd have been creating, scoring and making chances... I'll hold my hands up - He hasn't played well enough when he did get his one or two starts after being left out for large spells to merit a constant starting berth, yet lads like Vuckic, who was seriously lacking match sharpness, would play regardless of form, Jig, regardless of form, even Wallace played regardless of form, Miller, played regardless of form, Law, played regardless of form, Templeton, dropped as soon as he misplaces a pass. It also isn't fair to judge a attacking, and at times inconsistent wide man when he needs to feed of the players around him. Messi wouldn't have looked any good when he goes for a one-two with Kris Boyd.

I really hope he gets a clean slate, he has been poor when giving his chance, but he's also been treated unfairly by our management teams. Complete lack of faith and trust in the lad, despite him being no more ineffective than Boyd, Foster, Law, Shiels, Clark have been throughout the season

You my friend take a bow, great post

You my friend take a bow, great post

I've stuck up for him occasionally on here, as have a few others, but I've had to keep quiet these last few months as he hasn't done enough to deserve a start, I admit that. But I'm baffled by the hypocrisy of fans at times, fans want a decent rangers team that tries things, that drives at teams with pace, that creates chances... Templeton comes on the park as a sub for 5 minutes away to Alloa on a blowy Sunday afternoon and he tries to do exactly that, create things, go past players, make things happen, then it doesn't come off and he's hung out to dry next week by not starting or even a sub appearance with 10-20 minutes to go. He's just sat in the stands watching us get to the edge of the box and fail to penetrate teams week in week out

Treated really shabbily IMO.

Get him on board and you've got a player capable of winning games in style.

treat him, or any player, like we have done and you're going to get inconsistent half arsed performances.