Why Take Loan Signings?

Loan players can work in short term but I think you have to be careful that they don't hamper our own better youngsters chances of getting into the first team and learning their trade. This is particularly the case when the loan player himself is young and not the finished article and we are being used to give him experience. PLG bringing in Bardsley and Martin and playing them in preference to Hutton and Burke are a case in point.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McTaig alert

In Topic: When Did We Sign This Guy?

Today, 11:55 AM

While we're travelling back in time...did Charles ever show Bomber the deeds ?

In Topic: Nicky Clark

24 June 2015 - 04:23 PM

I really hope so. Wouldn't be the first striker with a rotten first touch and maybe he'll find some composure in front of goal. David Templeton used to be a footballer that would fit into a fast paced attacking side before we decoached him... I wonder.

In Topic: Dean Shiels

24 June 2015 - 01:52 AM

David Cooper only had one foot and seemed to do ok

Absolutely categorically definitively.... NAW!

We see the problem with loans with Haris Vuckic. If the player does well their value increases and other clubs become interested. We can only enjoy them while during the short time they're at the club.

Or it could be like Steven Davis where the players comes u and does well, enjoys it so much he ends up joining.

Or like Diouf and Weiss where both players add to the team for a year we thank them and we both go our separate ways.

If the player is loaned out by his parent club and they come and do well, I think there is as much chance of them joining than going elsewhere.

Why not? If it helps us out short term then great. Some may even lead to a permanent deal afterwards.

My only worry of this would be that a player could shine in the Championship and there is a clamour by the fans to make the deal permanent but he then doesn't make the step up when we are promoted

My only worry of this would be that a player could shine in the Championship and there is a clamour by the fans to make the deal permanent but he then doesn't make the step up when we are promoted

True but then that would also apply to our own players too. And the manager himself.

The amount of timposters recently is going through the roof!

They're easy to spot though...

1 - Joined in May or June of this year

2 - Start their own threads before they've even said hello to the forum

3 - The thread title will often have the word "or" in it, or will ask a question designed to start arguments

Oh look, we're in one now! :pipe:

They're easy to spot though...

1 - Joined in May or June of this year

2 - Start their own threads before they've even said hello to the forum

3 - The thread title will often have the word "or" in it, or will ask a question designed to start arguments

Oh look, we're in one now! :pipe:

You are right quite easy to spot:

1.Dim-witted, one-dimensional posts from getting Gers updates from Daily Rebel.

2.Keyboard warrior approach to confrontation.

3. Blindly accusing other posters of being 'timposters' to cover own tracks. Even long standing season ticket holders.

4. Trying to appear more intelligent than they really are to compensate for flawed education

5.Username which tries to be as closely associated with the Gers as possible to cover their tracks.

Oops would you believe what just happened there?... I appear to have described YOU Govan Blue!

Now run along to Kerrydale St n play with your wee sisters.