Petrofac Training Cup Round 1 Draw

Bear cub1

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See to top it all off aswell, we're playing a club we all despise more than anyone in Scottish football, other than the bheggers and the sheep shaggers. Anyone that says they don't care if we win this or not, need to take a look at themselves.

I'd say more folk despise dundee united than hibs.

Edinburgh city away at meadowbank. It's an 11,000 capacity stadium so would be a good away trip, plus it's an easy draw and its something different.

If it was going to be in Edinburgh, this would've been the best place, not because I'm scared hivs will beat us, I just don't want to give them any money. I'd happily have gone to Meadowbank Stadium as I don't think we've played there ever and I've always had a slight obsession about us playing there ever since Ferantti joined the league and became Meadowbank Thistle, now Livingston.

Anyway, even though I would have like to have gone to it, I'll be in Holland when the game is played anyway, but I'd have like us to have played in that stadium. If anybody can remember different, then speak up.

Big test for the new team. Just shows why we need to strengthen more as the signings so far have been relatively cheap.

If we want to win things we need to spend money. It's as simple as that. We can't spend like we used to but we do need to spend a good whack to rebuild from scratch or we'll spend several years in the doldrums building it up.

Dutchy .Any good bluenose bars in and Arnhem ?

Looks like I will be over there around this time myself .

Think we did play there way back in the 80s in a cup tie, when they were called Meadowbank thistle .

Not sure of the details

Maybe Dude can help us out with this ,he knows everything :P

Probably be along shortly

Dutchy .Any good bluenose bars in and Arnhem ?

Looks like I will be over there around this time myself .

Think we did play there way back in the 80s in a cup tie, when they were called Meadowbank thistle .

Not sure of the details

Maybe Dude can help us out with this ,he knows everything :P

Probably be along shortly

I've been in Arnhem once and I couldn't tell you if there's a Rangers pub anywhere there. Funny thing is the Dutch don't bother with football games in the pub, even though they're on. Maybe the Dutch team games in the final stages, or the finals of European cups, but they don't seem to be too bothered about watching it in the pub the way we do back here.

I was sure we'd played Meadowbank once before, but I seem to feel that that was at Ibrox. Still can't remember if we've played in the Commonwealth Stadium, which is generally known by the area it's in, Meadowbank.

I would have thought with you being a 'self proclaimed super fan' you would actually attend the game

No, I refuse to give these cunts money after the way they treated us.

But if you want to give them your money then knock yourself out.

As for superfan??? nah m8 just more supportive of the club and board.

Are you as supportive???? Thought not, you would rather we had a board who lied to shareholders and who keep lining their own pockets with our money, now we have a board who will walk the walk and if they fail it won't be through lack of effort. Do,you remember the worst CEO and Chairman in our history? that's right Somers and Wallace take a bow.

Now I wonder how much those 2 alone fleeced from the club in wages and payoffs for fuck all in return.

But again back to this superfan shite? Unlike so so so many on here, I never turned my back on Rangers under Greig then Wallace yet tens of thousands did (That's a fact).

And you come across as one of those glory hunters to me .

Looking forward to this.

On a separate note-playing devils Advocate (Devils no Dick)- quite convenient that we get the two big TV games as the first two (known) games of the season. If I was a skin Flint SPFL/SFA cunt I would do whatever I could to have that scenario, for one as the English season hasn't kicked off. Could they have fixed the draw?

Well they are skint but it doesnt matter, tv rights have already been sold so they get no more money whatever the draw