Not This Season Coming, But The Next...

DJXL

Well isn't there just an air of optimism about the place?

So on the assumption that we go back up to the SPL after this coming season (surely we must).

Then who thinks we'll be able to immediately challenge Celtic the next season?

I for one certainly do.

I hope we compete but how can you say if we only have about 12 players at the moment, most of whom are shite, and no idea how we'll actually preform this year.

I hope we turn it around but my head says we're years and millions of pounds away

I never thought there was any possibility of not getting straight back to SPL in successive seasons. But the nightmare scenario of simultaneously having the worst manager asst manager, CEO, etc. In the whole effing world was something that I had overlooked.

Anyway normal service resumed..

I hope we compete but how can you say if we only have about 12 players at the moment, most of whom are shite, and no idea how we'll actually preform this year.

I hope we turn it around but my head says we're years and millions of pounds away

it is indeed very early days, but with the signings that have been made so far, I think it's obvious the new manager is starting now to build his team for the SPL and will continue over the next two windows.

Also, each season, Celtic have had a worse team than what they had the previous season, and since long before we left the top flight.

So come the time I don't think we're going to be the light years behind that everyone thinks we are.

When we are back it will be harder than the normal because of deep hated feeling towards us. The football we play is going to be so crucial our new boss looks the part to deliver it and install winning mentality mcoist can only dream off

it is indeed very early days, but with the signings that have been made so far, I think it's obvious the new manager is starting now to build his team for the SPL and will continue over the next two windows.

Also, each season, Celtic have had a worse team than what they had the previous season, and since long before we left the top flight.

So come the time I don't think we're going to be the light years behind that everyone thinks we are.

and common sense tells me they are just waiting for us and they will invest again, something we need to be aware off

and common sense tells me they are just waiting for us and they will invest again, something we need to be aware off

A thought that has crossed my mind, but could they really just be sitting there waiting, saving up the pennies, to spend big once we arrive back?

While I think the op is a bit early - there is a lot of rebuilding to do and to compete with them we will need to add some real quality and I suspect that will be a two to 3 year project at least - but Rangers fans will DEMAND we are competing at the top next season as I don't think we are a patient lot!

A thought that has crossed my mind, but could they really just be sitting there waiting, saving up the pennies, to spend big once we arrive back?

I don't think they are saving the pennies to spend big, their wage bill must be huge already, buying wisely and selling on is what keeps them where they are, if we have the right management team (and I think we have) then we will go forward and challenge. big multi-million pound buys now are pie in the sky , the new man has his finger on the pulse of English football, all divisions , this is where we can reap the rewards. fingers crossed we get May, won the cup last year almost single - handed and has a good work rate as well.

We really don't learn from mistakes do we?

Last season it was a league win by Christmas. Win the league by 20 - 30 points.

Now it's an automatic promotion and challenge the mhanks next season.

Yes we have an exciting manager but he himself talks of it being a project. We have a core of about 14 from a squad too poor to get promoted. We have added a couple of players to this. Time, ivestment and transfer windows will help our progress and give us an idea of how much further we need to travel on the journey to be able to compete.

Folk really need to look at the reality of the situation, the HUGE task ahead even to get us playing decent winning football, and just how much work needs done even to get us out of this division. Confidence is one thing but I can't help but feel it is lacking a reality of the situation, and one which will add unnecessary burden on MW plans to overhaul the whole footballing ethos of the club.

Kind of like the pressure put on England to win competitions which builds and builds and only causes (anticipated) meltdown when it (as anticipated) fails.

So on the assumption that we go back up to the SPL after this coming season (surely we must).

I for one certainly do.

Never assume.

One step at a time thanks.

It'll just make it all the better when we turn over their team of ghlacyicos then won't it. They cheat, they steal, the truth they never will reveal, why would we have any fear of that lot? For every £10 they spend we could spend £2 and still be superior to them in every possible way. :happy:

I for one certainly do.

Up to this point we have signed two young players costing us nothing .I'm excited that we will be better than last few years .Nothing more .Just not getting this over confidence stuff regards being able to compete with top sides