Darren Mcgregor H/t Interview

murzo

Spoke well about himself, Warburton and Rangers. Said the players have bought into what Warburton wants to do and how he wants us to play, that he feels privileged to be "at one of the biggest clubs in Britain". A great interview and he comes across really well , a guy who wants what's best for himself and Rangers. If all the players have the same mentality and attitude as himself then the season ahead and beyond should have us back where we belong. Warburton has instilled a belief in the players in the few months he has been here that should stand us in good stead for the season ahead.

really like darren aswell was my favorite player last year ( not much choice tbh ) but he has a really good attitude sympathetic to him as cant see him getting many games but is good cover if any of the CB get injured and feel good having him in the squad as back up and will wish him all the best when he moves on

I really like Darren, I'm sure he'll get his chance at one point and I imagine he'll embrace it. Seems like a player who can still learn and will try his best to listen to Warburton.

As much as yer a wanker I agree with you Ben.

Really hope he blossoms under new management, speaks very well.

A big trier but in a system where possession and passing are king he won't play much.

Intereresting point. According to the beeb we only had 53% of possession yesterday and only six got shots on target.

Every player in that squad who carries out MW instructions at training will have every chance of being selected at some stage of the season. It will be horses for courses where in certain games the recognised 1st choices will not play and the "fringe players" will be used to keep them match fit, whilst the 1st choices will get a rest.

McGregor reminds me a lot of Kirk Broadfoot; not the most talented player but a player who will go out and do his very best for Rangers and who deems it a privilege to play for the jersey.

Intereresting point. According to the beeb we only had 53% of possession yesterday and only six got shots on target.

That's probably correct because Hibs had the bulk of the possession in the first half and I can't remember their keeper having to save any goal bound shots. It's not about how much possession you have, it's where you have the possession and what you do with it that counts.

He has a great positive attitude considering he hasn't any previous career experience of the pressure and expectation that playing for Rangers brings. Seemed to know what the script was from day 1.

I like Darren, though he's not our 1st or 2nd choice centre back I'm confident that he can do a good job for us and stand in when required. Last season he had to cover for the mistakes of others in the back line as well as do his own job, but that's a different story as we all know.

I've never really understood the McGregor can't play football statement so won't fit in.

He was a CM back in the day and when he played right back although his final ball wasn't the best he still done well with the ball.

Big Rob Keirnan wasn't shy is booting it away a few times against Hibs and Burnley. I'm glad McGregor earned a new deal last season and he will do well when needed this year again.

I see McGregor as Rangers modern day Kirk Broadfoot; a big, slow trier.

I saw his interview and he comes across as a nice enough guy. I actually know someone who used to work with him in Edinburgh's equivalent of Cruise during his Cowdenbeath days and I was told that he didn't possess a brain cell, but he was well spoken in that interview.

He will give 100%, fight for every ball and what not, but the fact remains that he isn't a gifted footballer.