Brentford Player Slates Warburton

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems a bit of a tadger,fuck him....

We look miles better from set-peices than last year,Stevie Smith aside,our free kicks were woeful.

Yeah this. Sounds almost Lennonesque in his attitude.

And our corners are much better too. We can even beat the first defender.

Happier days now.

we should never ignore criticism.

However,

there are a few things that don't seem quite right here.

If he wanted to work on set pieces why didn't he just ask warburton to do some more work on set pieces....

Warburton hardly seems like the kind of guy that would refuse his players more training.

Don't worry though Harlee if you ever need a manager with a real vision on set pieces I hear a certain Mr Mccoist is available.

Was he blamed for lost goals? Was he dropped because they lost games they should've won?

Who know, and who cares. MW is our manager now and it's what he does with us that interests us all.

The trouble with stories like this is, and always will be, it's not what's said, but what's not been said.

This is modern day SCOTTISH, ANTI RANGERS football journalism at it's finest.

An attempt to bring negativity back to Ibrox.

Fucking vultures will do anything for a story about us.

Fixed that for ya.

And they say we're paranoid about the media, and the media say they're not biased.

:wanker:

I have to say, while I've been loving the Warburton revolution, what this guy says about conceding goals has me worried. Not for this season, i think we'll win promotion at a canter, but I still have some reservations over whether Warburton has a plan b to his cavalier approach. Permanent all out attack is naive and will lead to trouble once we're promoted. Similarly, it concerns me when he says they'll only spend 5 minutes discussing the opposition. Anyone that saw that dossier Mourinho put together on Newcastle years back will realise you need more than 5 minutes when discussing opposition.

there will no doubt be a match this season when we totally dominate teams but cant put the ball in the net and then lose a late goal - it happens to the best.

Wait till you see the flak flying then - "no plan B", "naive" , "gung ho" etc etc. Our manager has had a relatively easy ride thus far from the press. Wait till he sees the over-reaction if/when we get beat - he wont believe it.

I have to say, while I've been loving the Warburton revolution, what this guy says about conceding goals has me worried. Not for this season, i think we'll win promotion at a canter, but I still have some reservations over whether Warburton has a plan b to his cavalier approach. Permanent all out attack is naive and will lead to trouble once we're promoted. Similarly, it concerns me when he says they'll only spend 5 minutes discussing the opposition. Anyone that saw that dossier Mourinho put together on Newcastle years back will realise you need more than 5 minutes when discussing opposition.

priceless stuff

I hope I'm wrong, but we won't know any of these things until we're playing in the SPL and Europe again, that'll be the real test for Warburton. The cups at a push might give us a small insight as to his tactical nous, but as it is, Warburton's methods will see us steamroller the championship this season.

MW is an intelligent bloke I am sure he will

Learn from past experiences / mistakes - he has had a great start ( and long may that continue) but over time we will see where the weaknesses are in our squad / approach and them over time see how MW copes with that - how we cope with a couple of bad results will tell us a lot more about MW and his capabilities. I suspect ( hope) he won't be found wanting.

Interesting, I would say we are a lot better at set pieces this season than the last few... And its clear with this style of play that we will regularly have 2v2 at the back if the opposition produce a quick counter - nothing article but the journalists will always be digging around trying to find someone with an axe to grind, sells more paper than someone praising the guy

They have dug out a negative story regarding the manager, from a player who obviously didn't like his tactics as it exposed his weaknesses in defence.

I find that strange though, as he was at Brentford on loan from Southampton under MW and signed a permanent deal to play under him.

The bottom line is, who gives a toss,.

I am sure there will be a lot more negative press regarding MW when we lose a game.