**** The Official Rangers V Hibernian Thread ****

G.E.C.

Some goal from Tav - a worthy match winner!

Passing was slack though, and we just couldn't get our normal game going. Lucky that hibs were so poor in front of goal or we might have found ourselves up against it.

Brilliant 3 points - I think that's about the poorest we might play this season, so a fantastic result!

Ref had a shocker. And I think I might have a sunburnt nose! Small price to pay :)

It was quite obvious that we didnt play particularly well today, and that coincided with Hibs trying to stop us playing. Sometimes you need a bit of magic from somewhere when its not working that well, and we certainly got it. We will have more of these games, Im sure, but grinding out victories like we did today is a very good sign in my opinion. This is definitely a game we would have lost/drawn last year.

Mark Warburton will have learned a few things today, I think - thats the main thing.

Wasn't the best we have played , far from it, but we can't expect to play brillliant in every game. Still, I thought we played pretty well in the second half. Hate to say it, but Stubbs got his tactics spot-on by trying to nullify us and hit on the break. Warburton will learn from this, as will the players. How strange to be slightly dissapointed with a win, but that just shows you how far we have come this season. Ibrox looked immense today , let's hope it's sold out for every game this season!

Some absolute roasters on here tonight. The passing was slacker than usual but the commitment was there. Hibs set out to slow the game right down with the amount of time they took for throw ins etc and fell as if theyd been shot trying to disrupt play which the referree played up too. We were very patient today and I'm glad we were a lot poorer than usual because when the final whistle went we still won, which shows we can grind out results.

I'd love to see Nicky Clark come good, but he's fast becoming a one-season wonder.

He's not going to come good. He is a dreadful player who had one luck season at QOS. I don't understand why he gets a place on the bench. Yes, Warburton and Weir must be seeing in training something that I can't, but for the life of me I don't know what that is, and Clark certainly does not show it on the pitch during games.

Yep you're right, we were sloppy with the ball but like I said, I think hibs tactics disrupted our passing game. Still should be able to play simple passes I suppose. Think Halliday had a pretty poor game and he's been bossing it in the middle in the first few games, so maybe that played a part too. Seemed like there was a lot of long balls too which I was surprised by. It's good to mix it up now and then but we played so many long balls it was mixing it up when we played it short and on the deck (if that makes any sense :lol:)

Anyway, good to be a little disappointed and still pick up the 3 points and also be top of the table!

I agree. It is sometimes easy to forget about tactics employed by the opposition when you are so focused on your own team. They really stopped our wide men playing, which has been our main threat this season.

Just back from the game and I am now sitting in the back garden in glorious sunshine having hoisted the parasol , switched on the fountain, grabbed a bottle of beer from the fridge which is now covered in condensation leaving me thinking how sweet life can be at times especially when you have just defeated one of your closest rivals and are now six points clears of them and the season hasn't really started yet.

I disagree, he has been really comfortable.

Today wasn't his best, but it wasn't anybody's best game. He's vital in the way we play, but will one rotated when Eustace becomes match fit, and signs.

Halliday will hopefully be able to adapt to different positions but one below par game doesn't require such a drastic conclusion.

I should have been clearer. He hasn't ever been a holding midfielder and should not have been played there at all. He's good enough to play, just not in there.

More possession, more shots, more shots on target, more corners and most importantly one more goal than Hibs.

We are undoubtedly playing better football under Warburton than we have in years but that doesn't mean there won't be the odd scrappy game that we win by the odd goal.

We weren't at our best today but we still got the job done. 3 more points in the bag so on to the next one.

I reckon Jordan Thompson would be a good Shiels like sub as well. He kept the ball well against Burnley in the friendly.

WTF was Shiels thinking about when he asked Keirnon for the ball and then turned away when it was passed to him?

I agree that we need could do with a more natural finisher up front and we desperately need a Eustace sitting in midfield.

Too slack today. Some wayward passing, some juggling from poor first touches, sometimes taking too much time on the ball, too slow in general, not so much of the zippy passing we've had, losing the ball in silly places, some bad decisions. Everyone seemed a little out of sorts.

However, we won playing far from our best and are already 6 points above our main rivals. A wee dip today, but it's still 6 out of 6. :pipe:

Totally agree. The guy next to me was saying it was as if the players had been out last night and they hadn't woken up yet! I think it's maybe been too much tension because we had to win today. Now we have and i hope the players settle down for QOTS next week

one thing about today is that our midfield 3 were matched for movement and workrate by the hibs team, and that in turn stifled our guys

law was missing today, holt tried like fuck and halliday seemed withdrawn, but hibs played a part in that because they worked hard and gave us nothing, there isnt many teams that will do that against us, so it wont be a problem that much this season, but i would like our defenders to have better ideas than to look for a midfielder, not see one so launch the fucking thing hoping waghorn gets a break of the ball

also i think miller is done as a starter player, bring him off the bench imo, he drops deep to much to take the ball but he cant turn and take a man on, would much prefer walsh and mckay as the 2 wide men, get it to their feet and drive at defenders, push them back to their own goal

still though, this time last season we were stinking and on the way to hibs gubbing us at ibrox, 6 wins on the bounce is night and day

Well that was closer than I expected. I couldn't believe my eyes n ears today when I noticed a few ROI flags in the hibs section.. Then the chant of hail hail the hibs are here WTF lol junkie cunts

Wit? It's always been like that with them <cr>

That was a good hard fought win today.

Overall, I thought it was a good game, Hivs came to stifle our play and succeeded a bit. Playing one up front, showed they would be defensive and would play for the breakaway.

Yes, we have played better this season, but I won't criticise our effort today.