Gough Becomes Global Ambassador

BridgeIsBlue

RANGERS Football Club today confirms Richard Gough is to act as a Global Ambassador for the club.

The legendary 9-in-a-row captain, who won every major domestic honour with Rangers, returns to the club he served with great distinction during the Graeme Souness and Walter Smith eras.

A firm favourite with supporters around the world, Richard – who is based in America – will represent Rangers in an official capacity going forward with a specific focus on increasing the club's profile overseas.

Richard, who will also liaise with supporters, said: "It was an honour and privilege to represent Rangers for many years and win so many honours as captain, so of course I am delighted to play a part in the club’s on-going development.

"I enjoyed the best years of my career at Ibrox and I will do all I can to help promote Rangers.

"This 143-year old institution is on the way back. At the helm we now have good, solid Rangers men with the club's best interests at heart and I am thrilled to assist their rebuilding work.

"The supporters deserve a Rangers they can be proud of again and I will assist Dave King and the Board in any way possible."

Rangers Managing Director Stewart Robertson added: "Richard is a Rangers icon and he can help raise the club's profile around the world.

"He will promote the club in a variety of ways in his role as Global Ambassador and can act as a conduit between the club and NARSA.

"Richard has always enjoyed a strong relationship with supporters and has the respect of everyone within the game so we are delighted to have him on board."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/10164-gough-named-global-ambassador?utm_content=bufferc2750&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha ha fucking hell. Nothing to do with the fact he was a club legend and captained us to our most successful period of domination. "Aye but he pyour helped Dave King man he's a spiv, and I need to be pyour negative about everything the board does these days".

No doubt your wee pals will be round soon to share your discontent!

Some folk are so bitter man. Gough is a Rangers legend and is well suited and deserving of the role. He was one of the greatest Club captains the Club has ever had who cares who he backed in a boardroom battle?

Some folk are so bitter man. Gough is a Rangers legend and is well suited and deserving of the role. He was one of the greatest Club captains the Club has ever had who cares who he backed in a boardroom battle?

Just for the record, ive had a beef about Gough long before the stupid Season Ticket boycott sham. (tu)

Great club captain, 100% agree. Up there with Ally as a great club striker (tu)

It's very strange that Rangers supporters would be bitter at one of the club's greatest ever players being involved with the club as an ambassador. Loads of clubs have legends as ambassadors yet it's a negative when we do it? Seems like it's just being used an excuse to have a go.

Ha ha fucking hell. Nothing to do with the fact he was a club legend and captained us to our most successful period of domination. "Aye but he pyour helped Dave King man he's a spiv, and I need to be pyour negative about everything the board does these days".

No doubt your wee pals will be round soon to share your discontent!

so you'll be able to explain what gough's qualities as an ambassador are then, especially when it comes to raising the profile of our club to people that may know nothing about us

well suited and deserving of the role

again what qualities does gough have or has ever shown to be an ambassador

Could we really appoint an outsider to the role? Its Global Ambassador, not head of marketing. cant think of many better qualified to fit this position.

Delighted with Richards appointment, he's intelligent, articulate has passion for the club and will be a perfect ambassador for the club.

so you'll be able to explain what gough's qualities as an ambassador are then, especially when it comes to raising the profile of our club to people that may know nothing about us

well suited and deserving of the role

again what qualities does gough have or has ever shown to be an ambassador

He's good at going on Tv and Radio laughing it up with people who us and therefore him.