January Signings

Gavin1972

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think our centre halves are good enough but would love a midfield 'enforcer' type. There are a lot of good players in our midfield just now but a tough tackling centre mid that can put his foot on the ball to slow the game down and drop back when needed would be high on my list of priorities.

think they are as slow as a week in jail ? and also play to square ???

think they are as slow as a week in jail ? and also play to square ???

They are good enough for this division and good enough also to be in and around the first team when we're playing in the top division next season.

There's no point replacing any of them just now only to have to do it again in year or two's time when we've established ourselves in the premiership.

Would like to see Luca Gasparotto re-called and given a chance in the first team.

Gasparotto is not going to get a game ahead of Danny Wilson, Robbie Kiernan or Dominic Ball.

Yes, we'd all like to see youngsters given a chance, but to be honest; we now have a young squad with players much more capable. It's going to be difficult for youngsters to get into the first team, unless they're playing well and giving their all every week, but even then it really does come down to ability.

Like I said, Gasparotto is no where near the levels of ability required, as the aforementioned are.

Gasparotto is not going to get a game ahead of Danny Wilson, Robbie Kiernan or Dominic Ball.

Yes, we'd all like to see youngsters given a chance, but to be honest; we now have a young squad with players much more capable. It's going to be difficult for youngsters to get into the first team, unless they're playing well and giving their all every week, but even then it really does come down to ability.

Like I said, Gasparotto is no where near the levels of ability required, as the aforementioned are.

I would agree. I watched Gasparotto play for the U-23s for Canada and he did not have the best of games.

Obviously the start we've had to our campaign is brilliant, can't complain, but for January I would like to see a centre half come in on a permanent basis as well as a full back for cover. I don't rate Fraser Aird, especially at right back!

I've also heard that we're planning on making enquiries into John Souttar (centre half) from Dundee Utd and Michael O'Halloran from St. Johnstone, could anyone confirm?

Also, who would you like to see brought in?

Btw this is my first post so just getting to grips with it, cheers!

Make it your last post Declan Fkn trumpet.