It's A Good News Week

Virtuoso

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough, so do you believe he was the only one, and that there was no cover up?

Someone else was tried for it I think and got off with it. I've no idea if they have the evidence to try again. In terms of a cover up, I've no idea. I imagine there probably was to some degree. Given that Hugh Birt testified to as much during Torbett's trial won't have come as a surprise to those who investigated it and I've no reason to believe they didn't investigate Birt's claim.

If there's evidence which proves a cover up then I hope those involved get what's been coming their way for a long, long time. If there's not I don't see where constant references to child abuse on social media and football forums does anything to help anyone.

Someone else was tried for it I think and got off with it. I've no idea if they have the evidence to try again. In terms of a cover up, I've no idea. I imagine there probably was to some degree. Given that Hugh Birt testified to as much during Torbett's trial won't have come as a surprise to those who investigated it and I've no reason to believe they didn't investigate Birt's claim.

If there's evidence which proves a cover up then I hope those involved get what's been coming their way for a long, long time. If there's not I don't see where constant references to child abuse on social media and football forums does anything to help anyone.

Did yer priest finger ye in confession ya roaster!

This is where I have a problem as I believe that there was a cover up, I find it hard if not impossible to believe that Torbet was the only one involved, but I sure as hell am certain that many others knew what was going on and attempted to cover it up even to this day, and while I am also uncomfortable with singing songs about the rape of young boys as long as the authorities continue to do nothing about it I will never condone anyone for continuing to keep it in the limelight.

As I said the rape of children is the most heinous of crimes any human can perpetrate, and while Celtic continue to refuse to acknowledge the actions of those under their employment at the time in question they are also complicit in the crime, so when they get on their high horse and try to take the moral high ground and accuse The Rangers of a lack of morals, then until the day comes when they themselves clean house they should not be surprised nor should anyone else be for that matter be surprised when other clubs supporters not just Rangers supporters sing, I grant you, vile songs that remind them of their vile past.

Even the cover up stories are muddled. Some say Stein knew, others say he didn't. The only consistent bit seems to be that the Kelly's knew.

Aye, and Clit Graham had the perfect opportunity to put Kelly on the spot when they both appeared on a STV Tonight special where Kelly was claiming that our use of EBT's was a disgrace and what we'd done had shamed Scottish football....

...Clit later claimed that he didn't feel it wasn't the time or the place to mention it :rolleyes:

A one off chance, on live TV, to publicly put them on the spot....and he shat it (which shouldn't have came as any great surprise, but...)

I have to say, well done dude.

Your stance on this subject has certainly united a few Bears, in the push for criminal activity being exposed at football clubs.

Tax avoidance which is not a crime, or child rape. Oh, let me think that through for a while.............................

Frank Cairney was sacked by the tims after allegations from youth players parents (Liam Brady was given the job of telling him on an American tour)John Cullen was convicted of taking and possessing indecent photos of youth players over a long period of time as the celtic view photographer . This was allowed to take place after the club hushed Torrbets actions,and Big Jock New,so while you may have a point that we shouldn't use child abuse for point scoring as far as I'm concerned their actions can't be mentioned enough if it prevents a fourth incident.

Although obviously this crime is utterly reprehensible,i don't think sweeping it under carpets or refusing to bring it up helps anyone. And I for one am sick of MY club being portrayed as "cheats" or worse while probably the biggest scandal ever to come out of a club in this country is airbrushed from history as if it never happened. So for as long as MY club is denigrated and attacked by all quarters I will respond in kind. And remind people of the REAL shame in this country.

Another VB article another reference to child abuse. Pathetic.

weird guy! It was when those `children` became adults one of them decided to speak out and others came forward to confirm the abuse.

If the abused wanted it made public in an effort to get justice from a regime that knew and covered it up then who are you to condemn others for

continuing to highlight the sheer cheek and hypocrisy of that! Fuk septic I couldn`t care less about them but if/when they attack our club for trivial

stuff then it is right they be reminded of their own shameful history.Keeping stuum,`not scoring points` is exactly how that mob and their priests got away with it for so long.

The fact they re-employed Torbett after he got out of prison is even more shocking!

What would the football authorities punish them for? Bringing the game into disrepute?

Football fans don't have to bring it into the stadium. They choose to only because it's our biggest rivals.

If we go down the Celtic committed a crime route does that mean Rangers did if Whyte/Green are convicted?

Rangers supporters demanded them out - and justice be done (which pretty soon they'll be incriminated) - that's the difference, we demand justice be done, those timmigrants hide it.

The fact they re-employed Torbett after he got out of prison is even more shocking!

That is the frightening bit, they re-employed a known paedophile who had been charged and convicted for perpetrating these crimes while in their organisation. They have no shame.

That is the frightening bit, they re-employed a known paedophile who had been charged and convicted for perpetrating these crimes while in their organisation. They have no shame.

There's probably plenty more out there who got it but are to embarrassed to let everybody know they got pumped fae Torbet n co

Even after he got the jail they continued to do business with his company

Maybe the trophy room or something

There's probably plenty more out there who got it but are to embarrassed to let everybody know they got pumped fae Torbet n co

Even after he got the jail they continued to do business with his company

Maybe the trophy room or something

It certainly has been a "good news week" - but on the contrary it's got fuck all to do with that lot....

• A cup final to look forward to
  • 22k brave bears on a saturday to watch the Gers despite TV, weather and the competition!
  • A confident AGM
  • A one hour whip round to see off a hound
  • Liam Burt scoring a superb solo effort in a 6-1 drubbing of StMidden (under 17's)
  • The under 20's teaching Scumdee Utd a lesson
  • Season tickets have been reduced in time for Xmas - a fucking bargain if you ask me

Why someone would be interested in "their" week and take the time to put it together in an article and for that to be posted in the Bears Den is fucking beyond me.... we should care less, not more.

and yes using child abuse as a "point scorer" is fucking horrendous...... despite all that went on.