Ladbrokes Bet At Ibrox In Club Europe

Dunny_01

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As others have said the odds are ridiculous for that bet and it is hard to believe that 12 guys took them without thinking it was too good to be true.

If the original price was 7/2 then a winning bet would get 350% of your stake as winnings. That is the only way I could understand the mistake but 350% is a big difference from 350/1.

I don't think you have any chance of getting anything better than 4/1 but the one thing they don't like is bad publicity, any bad publicity.

Where did the initial price come from and why did she phone her boss for clarification?

Good luck with your efforts.

She would have to phone for a price as It wouldn't be on the normal match coupon they have in the ground.

Usually online it comes under the winning margin section

Rangers to win by 1-2 goals 2/1 exactly 3 7/2 and over 3 5/2 (those prices are dependant on the match odds) but that's generally how those bets are priced up

Every bookies is legally required to display their t&cs in shop.

1. Maybe in a wee ladbrokes kiosk they aren't displayed- possible line of argument

2. If they are displayed i expect youre fucked...but might be worth reading through to see if theres anything on it. I imagine theres a line saying 'if we fuck up, we dont need to give you it'

Sorry!

Peoples can you help

Ladbrokes in club europe made bets with 12 guys today for

RANGERS TO WIN BY 3 GOALS

The girl phoned up boss and made bets at 350/1. We all bet it as was good bet. Weve won.

Ladbrokes are saying NO, it was human error, and original odds would be 7/2 and they are offering comprimise at 4/1

we are all sitting with tickets worth thousands

what will we do? any suggestions

reported it to Rangers too

I've had this happen twice before, once won the case once lost. The time I had won it was at a race course as the bookie had written the slip so it was although human error it was on his part and therefore legally binding the other time was in William hills but as I had wrote the slip I couldn't prove it was bookies error but mine even thought they had given me the odds

At the end of the day, a mistake was made and if they're honest with themselves, all the guys that put on the 350/1 bet knew it was a mistake.

Make a fuss in the press and try to get more than 4/1 but ultimately you tried to get one over the bookies and they spotted the mistake.

How about asking Ladbrokes to donate the winnings To Erskine then every one is a winner.

Give IBAS a ring and see what they say.

They'll almost certainly not get you the full amount, but they may well get you a better offer.

They have a contact form here: http://www.ibas-uk.com/adjudicationForm.php

This is where to go,officially, if Ladbrokes won't give you what you want. However, all bookies submit their rules, terms and conditions with ibas. All Ladbrokes will need to do is show ibas that they have applied their rules. Ibas will then rule in their favour, probably.

You could go to the papers - if it's a slow news day they may look at it and shame Ladbrokes into paying out a bit more.

It was called a 'palpable error' when I worked in the bookies and I can't recall anyone ever being paid out when this happened. A lot of moaning might get you a bit more but that's it.

Having said all that, if any of you have bet before, you all knew it was the wrong price when it was placed.

In their T and C's they will not be obliged to pay out. It's annoying as I bet the would not have phoned you offering a refund had it lost.

Tell them you will try the papers with the story. Ask them to make a better offer to compensate.

The bookies can refuse to pay out or void any bet regardless whether there has been an error made or not. Last night Bet365 voided all bets on Hayes winning within rounds 1 - 3. They did this after he'd won in round 1.

A fucking law unto themselves.

What reason did they give for not paying out and voiding ?

Just needs you to say it.

No one else matters.

You entered a contract legally and honestly in a fair minded fashion and got shafted by the other party.

No doubt in my mind who is at fault, and who should be rectifying the situation.

Unfortunately you're not the judge.

At the end of the day, a mistake was made and if they're honest with themselves, all the guys that put on the 350/1 bet knew it was a mistake.

Make a fuss in the press and try to get more than 4/1 but ultimately you tried to get one over the bookies and they spotted the mistake.

How about asking Ladbrokes to donate the winnings To Erskine then every one is a winner.

Ger

this is certainly the case I will donate the money no even a doubt. I know its a mistake. Club europe has 2 rooms no hard to announce that anyone with a slip with that bet has had an odds error. Theyre must be a record of the telephone call, as the girl called her bossand the boss gave the price!

if halliday scord we were all fkd anyhow. If the customer makes a mistake u lose ur money these bassas make a mistake u still lose ur money!

anyway im giving up betting now, gony stop drinking im fkd, must have posted 100 times on my phone on here when i was blotto!!! my finger has blister on it!! cheers everyone who posted, ill see what i can get out them!!

It's too large an amount for the small claims court so you would need to sue them. The court will consider if the offer seemed reasonable. At 350/1, too most people familiar with sports betting it would look like a mistake. If the court agreed with this they would rule that you were given opportunity for consideration and you accepted the offer due to the large payout despite being aware these were far from sensible odds from the bookies position.

Somebody's made a mistake, you've tried to take advantage of that and now you want to hammer them.

If you got away with it then fair enough but you can't cast yourself as the victim when it was you who is trying to take advantage of their error.

u the owner of Ladbrokes? ffs victim lolol

:wanker:

Sorry, human error. What I meant to say was:

Naw man. That's pure shite that is. See they bookie bastards their always rippin people aff. An see that wee lassie that gied ye the odds she should hiv her cunt kicked in fur even workin fur them. Get yersel a lawyer and take the cunts aw they way. That's your money they stole. An tell Ranger yel no be back till ye get yer money. Their treatin you like a daftie. They dun it tae ma brer. He ripped aw their papers aff the wa but youve goat the law oan your side this time get stuck intae them.

Is that me one of the good guys now?