Facial Recognition To Punish Fans

RFC55

I thought the F word was only deemed sectarian depending on what context it was used in. Basically if it was used to cause offence ie Calling someone a Fenian bastard or something along they lines.?

"Don't bury me in Erin's Fenian valleys" isn't directed at an individual or aiming to cause offence so should surely be ok. Too many grey areas with all this shite.

Take us back to the 90s. Nobody giving a fuck about what each other sings. No mock offended shite. 90 mins of pure passion then back to normal after the game. That's what the majority of fans on both sides want.

Well the meaning of erins in its purest form could see it deemed dodgy. It's a minefield and no wonder folk are giving up the football

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sing TBB all you want as long you have your scarf covering your mouth. If you miraculously get lifted and took to court it will get thrown out.

Everytime.

A couple of football intelligence told me this about a year ago

If you want to sing the Billy Boys play it smart hold up flags and scarfs so it's impossible to prove what words (they think) came out your mouth

A lot of coppers, good guys, are fed up having to police this nonsense all because guys in rooms and behind desks are sat all day desperately trying to dream up ways to justify their 150k per year

Bigger issue here. The SNP state is in full flow now and people burying their heads in the sand as if this isn't happening is just the start. This facial recognition could be used for anything. It ain't as cut and dry as a simple database for "football thugs". Information will be sold on undoubtedly to recover the cost.

Two things that stand out is the fact this amazing board are pining to the government again for money, showing their more broke than ever.

A points deduction for the club is honestly the worst idea I've ever heard. The cans of worms that opens will be major.

They had facial and body recognition for Griffiths yet he got away with it.

This is another example of lazy and cowardly policing and has the prospect of civil law suits written all over it.

The most ironic thing is that the behaviour of football fans in Scotland is nowhere near the biggest social issue facing the country.

A 21 year old was murdered at the weekend only a few years after his mother and cousin/uncle

were also killed. This is real crime and people getting offended with singing is only taking police resources away from investigating such incidents.

Scottish football seems to be getting used for some kind of 'stasi' experiment.

The flawed legislation that discriminates against football fans, makes judgements on subjective matters in a selective way and comes with long jail sentences was the first part.

Been on the news

Mmm. Bad yin.

How are they proposing this will work? Really can't see them being able to do anything retrospective that would stand up in court in relation to something being sung.

I would honestly pay good money to see BP9's reaction to this if it went ahead.

"Protestant paranoia" :lol:

Quote of 2015 imo.

When you are being kettled down the street by the mob in a police state it doesn't really matter what religion you are.

The whole thing is a fucking disgrace and to anyone trying to point-score with whataboutery I will say: it's you sad, grassing bastards who have driven us to the current shambles.

And as for the handwringers on the other thread who basically wanted stripped of their basic human rights, just so a few Celtic fans may or may not be arrested, time for you bentbacks to catch a grip as well.

It's not a fucking crime to be a football fan. Time to stand up to these fascist policies and stop the tit-for-tat bullshit.