Waghorn injured for 6-8 weeks

WilliamFyfe

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

We're in denial if we think we can handle the loss of Waghorn no bother. I expect Mark Warburton doesn't see it that way. He is a huge loss to us. Hopefully we get the best out of our attackers, but Waghorn out of the squad hurts our chances. Yes, we can win without him, but he is arguably our best player.

In your opinion. I would say Holt is our best player, in my opinion. Next!

3 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Cest la vie, we move on the squad is good enough to still win everything in front of us. 

I feel the same mate, it's unfortunate but not the end of the world, as important as Waghorn is we will move on with the squad we have at our disposal, and as said by many in this thread we seem to have ample backup for this scenario. 

He will be missed, but this should be no great game changer and hopefully will bring someone from the bench to make his mark.

:uk:

12 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

We're in denial if we think we can handle the loss of Waghorn no bother. I expect Mark Warburton doesn't see it that way. He is a huge loss to us. Hopefully we get the best out of our attackers, but Waghorn out of the squad hurts our chances. Yes, we can win without him, but he is arguably our best player.

It will hurt, but it won't cripple us. We've played without him before. 

Waghorn doesn't carry the team, he does convert goals yes but he isn't the only one who can score.

There's Haliday, Holt, King, McKay, O'Halloran, Miller and Clark who are the main threats too. 

He's a vital piece yes, but he's not the only player. All the players have a part that make them our best player. 1 player doesn't make a team. 

FFs step away from the panic button, we should have more than enough options to cope with the next run of games, away to Queen of Sth  and three games at Ibrox, in a perfect world we'll see Waggy back before Falkirk and have him rested and raring to go.

11 minutes ago, RFCRobertson said:

It will hurt, but it won't cripple us. We've played without him before. 

Waghorn doesn't carry the team, he does convert goals yes but he isn't the only one who can score.

There's Haliday, Holt, King, McKay, O'Halloran, Miller and Clark who are the main threats too. 

He's a vital piece yes, but he's not the only player. All the players have a part that make them our best player. 1 player doesn't make a team. 

Never said it would cripple us; neither did I say he carried the team. You admit he is vital; then why are you arguing with my point?

A big blow, but to be fair he's looked like he's been dead on his feet the last few weeks so it's not a big surprise. 

For the rest of the season we're just going to have to try and grind out victories. 

Agree this will probably dent any potential go at the Scottish cup... Thinking about it we could probably be doing without the distraction. 

31 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

5 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Never said it would cripple us; neither did I say he carried the team. You admit he is vital?: then why are you arguing with my point?

If he is arguably our best player than losing him would cripple us. 

That's why I'm saying he's not our best player. He's a good player but the way the team works means that every player is vital.

Just now, RFCRobertson said:

If he is arguably our best player than losing him would cripple us. 

That's why I'm saying he's not our best player. He's a good player but the way the team works means that every player is vital.

Being "arguably" our best player, losing him would not cripple us; but his loss will affect our team. Ah okay, so every player is vital? I would "argue" some are more vital than others.

3 minutes ago, JRodgA2k8 said:

I actually can't believe people are trying to suggest this isn't a huge loss to the team...:lol:

Absolutely baffling opinions on here as he has no doubt been one of, if not the best player this season.

Doesn't make sense to me either even when he wasn't playing that well I still wanted him to play as he offers goals. I think we can score from other areas but he's going to be a big miss for us.

5 minutes ago, JRodgA2k8 said:

I actually can't believe people are trying to suggest this isn't a huge loss to the team...:lol:

Absolutely baffling opinions on here as he has no doubt been one of, if not the best player this season.

Just now, Smile said:

Doesn't make sense to me either even when he wasn't playing that well I still wanted him to play as he offers goals. I think we can score from other areas but he's going to be a big miss for us.

World of difference. The latter is realistic, the former the reaction of a drama queen.

13 minutes ago, Turnberry18 said:

Being "arguably" our best player, losing him would not cripple us; but his loss will affect our team. Ah okay, so every player is vital? I would "argue" some are more vital than others.

We've played without him before and still had the same tempo. Even at on Tuesday, we still had a majority of possession. 

Since it's a team game it's hard to pin down vital players. All of them are vital in their own way. 

If you're talking about their actual skill in comparison to other players than yeah, it's different. Waghorn is better skill-wise than Clark. But when Clark is on in place of Waghorn, then Clark is just as vital as what Waghorn would be. 

Of course his overall play will be a loss to the team, he in an integral part of our team, holds up the play well, terrifies defenders with his power and touch.

However perhaps whoever replaces him will have a better chances to goal ratio! Perhaps they will spend more time in the box!

Hopefully it won't all be negative. It's bigger loss for the cups than for the league IMO

He's a Diddy and won't be missed, he's absolutely our best player.  Neither statement is actually true merely opinions.  Simple fact, the lad is injured and we have to deal with the matter.

MW has always said he likes players who can play multiple positions along the frontline.  Well we have MOH, King, Clark, McKay, Forrester, Miller and possibly Hardie if needed.   I am confident, opinion, that any three from six should be sufficient to see off any team in Scotland'S send division.  

So will Waghorn be missed, Yes, but shit happens, move on.