NFL

Clemdog

6 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

How was it as a spectacle watching the NFL live at a game?  I did it years ago with some mates and was never so bored. We all left after 1st quarter. To me it’s a game made for tv as you see so much more. 

Loved it, it made me a fan of the game. I went to my first game not knowing much if anything about it and still enjoyed it although the experience was way more enjoyable when I learned more about the game. 

I went to a game with around 9 other British lads and all said they enjoyed it and stayed till the end. At least 1 or 2 of them now are more interested and will watch it as a fan now. 

I’d probably agree with seeing much more on the tv but the large screens in most stadiums I have been no longer make that an issue. Even if you can’t see the large screens from your seat smaller TVs and screens are placed everywhere in the stadium. 

16 minutes ago, jackunion said:

Loved it, it made me a fan of the game. I went to my first game not knowing much if anything about it and still enjoyed it although the experience was way more enjoyable when I learned more about the game. 

I went to a game with around 9 other British lads and all said they enjoyed it and stayed till the end. At least 1 or 2 of them now are more interested and will watch it as a fan now. 

I’d probably agree with seeing much more on the tv but the large screens in most stadiums I have been no longer make that an issue. Even if you can’t see the large screens from your seat smaller TVs and screens are placed everywhere in the stadium. 

Well, I guess to each his own. Will never go to an American football game again. I know the rules but ffs you might get a play that lasts 15 or 20 seconds and it’s over and that’s pushing it .  Just wanted to hear your take on it. 

I started watching American Football when Ch4 came on the scene in the early eighties. The more I watched, the more I understood and my enjoyment of the game grew. Been over to the States a few times to see my team , the Redskins, who were top dogs back in the 80’s's but are anything but these days. Still very keen on the game to this day.🇺🇸

1 hour ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

I started watching American Football when Ch4 came on the scene in the early eighties. The more I watched, the more I understood and my enjoyment of the game grew. Been over to the States a few times to see my team , the Redskins, who were top dogs back in the 80’s's but are anything but these days. Still very keen on the game to this day.🇺🇸

One of my best mates is a Redskins fan and another is a Bears fan. They have me over to watch some games with them so I started taking an interest in the last year or two. I get the general idea of the game, probably from watching the Waterboy film when I was younger lol. I'm still getting the hang of the more technical aspects of the sport. I have been following the Chiefs. 

On 07/11/2019 at 11:56, gordo7 said:

Similar, first game I watched was between the 9'ers and Cowgirls. Followed the 9'ers ever since, through the good times, the bad, and the downright abysmal.

Hopefully a fantastic season awaits for your team mate .They look the real deal now 

Brilliant again last night against a very on form Seahawks .Sadly losing in OT 

Gutted but it's only 1 loss

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Hopefully a fantastic season awaits for your team mate .They look the real deal now 

Brilliant again last night against a very on form Seahawks .Sadly losing in OT 

Gutted but it's only 1 loss

Yeah, was a brilliant game. Gutted to lose to the Seahawks but as you say, it's only one game. Next 3 should be good too

2 hours ago, gordo7 said:

Yeah, was a brilliant game. Gutted to lose to the Seahawks but as you say, it's only one game. Next 3 should be good too

49s are looking very strong this season . The acid test will against Green Bay in few weeks for me .

What a game that promises to be

21 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

1972 Dolphins keep the only unbeaten season record for another season then..!? :pipe:

Thought for a minute you meant the beaten record for another year as my Redskins were up for it but sadly we beat the Dolphins this season so now 1-8. Jeez how bad must they be. 😂😂

2 minutes ago, Wullies_bowly_legs said:

Thought for a minute you meant the beaten record for another year as my Redskins were up for it but sadly we beat the Dolphins this season so now 1-8. Jeez how bad must they be. 😂😂

Not as bad as the Bengals. :p:

Which is my brother's team. 

12 minutes ago, cstamomusa said:

@TEFTONG   Now I know the problem with your team,  maybe they wouldn't be losing if they didn't hired their coaching staff  for their looks instead of knowledge of the game.     :mutley:

Yeah fair enough. My Dolphins have been poor. But yesterday's 101 yard line return TD was entertaining. 

I just caught up with Edelman's touchdown throw v Eagles.

Very impressive.

On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 06:04, gordo7 said:

I wonder if people will start taking the 9'ers seriously now. Great win against the cheese heads.

What a game this week

Potentially the Superbowl winners from 49s v Ravens for me

The Pats can't be discounted but they were unconvincing against the Cowboys