WilliamFyfe

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, ThatNightInFlorence said:

Great performance from the big man. 

Where's that clown that was calling him a bombscare at the start of the season? :D 

Never called him a bombscare but at the start of the season he had me worried. The big guy has proved himself. 

When games come tick n fast and outfield players tire a solid keeper comes into his own.

Big Wes did that today.  A last line of defence that actually means what it says.

Yeah he could take control of crosses a wee bit more but I still think the 2 Hiv mistakes are in his mind a wee bit so plays safe.

Excellent so far but encouragingly I think he still has a lot of development in him. 

He really is a top goalkeeper. Some cracking reaction/reflex saves today. Our man of the match.

Was a bit fed-up hearing the fans getting on his back away to Hibs in his first game - told a few of them he will come good and they shook their heads. Hopefully they appreciate him now.

Let's not get too carried away here. He had a good game today and proved that he's a decent keeper. He's done  his job against qots and the defence in front of him were poor. A keeper should be there at the last gasp and he's done that well today.

Let's not get stupid comparing him to our other goalies that proved themselves at much higher levels. He's a keeper in the making and until he's really tested then we'll not know how good he is.

I don't think his shot stopping has ever been an issue.  His distribution from the back has caused some heart in the moments.  Those moments are few and far between now and it looks like he's  growing in to his role more.

19 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I don't think his shot stopping has ever been an issue.  His distribution from the back has caused some heart in the moments.  Those moments are few and far between now and it looks like he's  growing in to his role more.

Exactly what I was going to say, the big man has adapted well with the ball at his feet, I no longer have the heart in mouth moments he was giving me early season.

Does't get enough credit IMO. 

He may not be stopping wondershots from Messi week in/week out, but he's still producing some decent saves, and I've not been as confident in a Rangers keeper being able to stop a corner / cross coming in in a while. (I think in a recent game he flapped at one corner... don't know when). 

His decision making  and instinct has been crucial. He now kicks the ball out high when the attackers are running to him - instead of at the start of the season where every kick out was a short pass, or he would try take that attacker on, causing some nail-biting moments for us. 

8 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I can't recall one pass from the back that he's been caught out on. Some heart in the mouth moments yeah but he's still not missed one.

2 hours ago, Essandoh said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I can't recall one pass from the back that he's been caught out on. Some heart in the mouth moments yeah but he's still not missed one.

I think an opposition player did get the ball off Foderingham but kicked it out rather than in to the net.  Someone with a better memory would need to confirm it.