BBC News Report

Misteral

It's all part of a cunning plan to deceive us into a false sense of security, either that or they've been getting more complaints about their banning themselves from reporting on us. Golum is just not worth the effort and they're looking for a climb down.

I'm just not used to BBC Scotland(Ireland) being honest about and with us.

2 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

It's all part of a cunning plan to deceive us into a false sense of security, either that or they've been getting more complaints about their banning themselves from reporting on us. Golum is just not worth the effort and they're looking for a climb down.

It was the 'big' news mate - national, proper reporting.  First time I've seen anything like that for years!

compare and contrast with the BBC Scotland short, grudging snidey piece by Gollum - his voice added on to pics from Ibrox cos he wisnae there, small minded cretins

1 minute ago, Moody Blue said:

I saw big Archie's comments earlier....."a triumph over adversity" and commenting on the fans sticking with us, bout time we got some credit and praise 

Spot on.

Auld Archie has been behind us right through the nightmare.  Spoken a good few words in our defence.

He is retired from tv and media work, and panders to no agenda, Just says it like it is.

Maybe we should offer him Andy Camerons free seat in the Directors box.  He probably better at telling jokes.

5 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

It was the main BBC News so they're usually less bias when it comes to us. Wonder how BBC Scotland reported it?  It was a good watch anyway. 

2 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

It was the 'big' news mate - national, proper reporting.  First time I've seen anything like that for years!

compare and contrast with the BBC Scotland short, grudging snidey piece by Gollum - his voice added on to pics from Ibrox cos he wisnae there, small minded cretins

That explains a lot then, I was just having trouble thinking about how, or indeed why all the septic fans and Rangers haters in BBC Ireland had changed their tune.

There's nothing wrong with the national BBC sports coverage - professional journalists and broadcasters.  The trouble lies with the Scottish amateur incompetents. Compare and contrast 5 Live with Sportsound - decent professionals versus raging fans with mikes pretending to be 'broadcasters and journalists'. 

16 minutes ago, Dutchy said:

You could be on to something here Dutchy. We're back in the big league and common sense would say a climb down would suit their needs more than ours. 

Probably sucking up so they don't get a ban next season with OF games on the card.

I don't want their 'kind' words, they have stuck the boot in more than anyone else during the past 4 seasons.

Vile fucking bastards the lot of them.

Gollum was on 5live this morning and grudgingly put Nicky Campbell right when he mentioned that we were a 'new club'. Campbell was ok otherwise listing some of the greats of the club and being positive about us being back.

Wee Andy got a mention for saying we are coming for 55 next season.:21:

Most of the other reports have been reeking though. 'Enforced liquidation', 'a previous version of the club were in the SPL' and related shite. 

I wouldn't give them too much credit.

Some reports are still saying "Rangers went into liquidation". 

That's just factually incorrect.

The administrator, Duff & Phelps, sold the Club and all it comprised to Green's consortium.

The liquidator, BDO, were appointed by HRMC, then took over oldco from Duff & Phelps (in order to investigate the wrongs of Craig Whyte), before starting the liquidation process which, last I heard, had not been completed.

In essence, the Club were then treated wrongly by the SPL clubs, who acted against their own SPL rules at the time, as it should have been a boardroom decision. However, fecklessness and bitterness combined to allow a hasty rewrite of those rules, as other clubs' fans demanded a false justice for an imaginary crime. 

To be frank, I didn't feel celebratory last night. I considered it merely as the end of both a false "incarceration" and a miscarriage of justice. Sorry to be the proverbial wet blanket, but I have a long memory.