Grounds you hate

GOAT

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't travel to many away games now but most of the wee grounds I used to go to were dumps albeit tight wee dumps where there were thousands of Bears creating a great atmosphere, and the crowd was packed tight around all four sides.

What I hate these days is the new diddy club grounds where there is only a stand on two or three sides of the pitch, and the Bears are confined to one or maybe two of them, so there is hardly any atmosphere between there being no stand or a couple of hundred diddy team supporters and hundreds of empty seats. I'm thinking of places like Hamilton and Falkirk.

6 minutes ago, tyabb bear said:

Anyone else remember going to grounds like Kilmarnock and Motherwell with the 'Derry' changing ends at halftime?

Certainly do. We just stood where we wanted back then, the home fans had to move to let us stand in the best bit of the ground. Often the home fans would be out in the pissing rain for 90 minutes if there was a covered bit of terracing, the  Bears would just take it over. Remember one of my first away games, we stood in the old Shed at Tannadice and the Dundee Hibernian support got soaked up the other end :D

Falkirk - I live through here so know where to get a pint, but what a crap stadium. Biggest fridge in Europe.

The piggery - hate it. I don't go. Simple as that.

Hampden - awful stadium. A nation embarrassed itself spending money on that heap of crap. Hate going there.

3 hours ago, GOAT said:

See anyone that says the piggery, I'll call bullshit on that one.  Aye you hate the mhob that play in it, aye it's a shithole.  But the piggery is number one on grounds most of us all love to go too.  No better atmosphere or feeling when you win there.

Don't be daft - judging by the number of empty seats there have been all year, even the taigs can't stand going there!

4 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Cowdenbeath was hands down the worst ground of the last 4 years , closely followed by east fife in my opinion 

Aye it was a terrible ground, but at least it wasn't in the middle of nowhere.

Hampden and Lesser Hampden should have been flattened and a stadium similar to the Millenium in Cardiff built in the centre of the site, there's plenty of space there instead it being crammed up against Sommerville Drive.

Although maybe a new site in a central location for the motorway network might have been a better option in this day and age.

1 hour ago, MuirhouseBear said:

The folk saying Ayr Utd were definitely on the open terrace that midweek game when it was pishing down :lol: 

Falkirk defo top of the list, Livi, Alloa, Annan, Dumbarton up there as well. 

Looking forward to next season! 

Yep, fucking drenched haha, second half was a shocker