Warburton not in pictures

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, craigfeguson said:

Just came to my mind where is the boss as I see it was Davie weir that is pictured with him. Wonder if he is away talking to clubs/agents/players. 

New York would be my guess

http://www.gotthebattlefeveron.com/2016/5/24/11760160/rangers-transfer-news-niko-kranjcar

It's been a heck of a debut season for him. Winning the Championship and Petrofac Cup, beating the tims, riot in the cup final, team assaulted, football brilliant then players losing form, and the need to look for key signings. 

Hope he's taking a well deserved holiday.

9 minutes ago, D'Artagnan said:

Agree as the man said 'you need to man mark any potential signings until over the line' or some thing like that :).

Fully expect MW is making sure business is done early to insure we are in a good place before the coming season begins.

I'd imagine he's away sorting out signing targets. Heard him say on talksport last week he's going away on Wednesday for 10 days holiday and is hoping to have a couple deals done before then. 

I am a bit disappointed we've not heard from him about Saturday's performance. No matter what happened after the game, he should've gave an interview to Rangers tv talking only about the performance. Even a day or two after when everything had calmed down a bit.

How many of us would want to be interviewed after that game?

It was widely reported MW was furious and being the honest guy he is, I think it best he didn't say a peep because his players are close, he clearly has a bond with them more than we know and he would have undoubtedly went fucking bananas and as professional as you can be, some things you can't just keep in, especially the style of journalists questions these days

Doubtful he would be on leave. Best guess is he is wheeling and dealing to get a few more in the door over next week or two.

either that, or he's letting dust settle on cup final and will come out with some damning statement

1 minute ago, Laudrup1984 said:

The only thing I've seen today. Possibly an exclusive lined up with Jim/Sky Sports?

I wasn't aware of that. I would still have expected a bit more though through RangersTV.  An exclusive with Jim White is extremely possible though. 

1 minute ago, Turnberry18 said:

I wasn't aware of that. I would still have expected a bit more though through RangersTV.  An exclusive with Jim White is extremely possible though. 

I'd imagine, as others have suggested, there could be a few factors. Obviously, with what happened at the weekend, possibly trying to get another signing over the line, getting a well deserved break and preparing for next season it's all been a bit chaotic but yeah I thought we may have had something. Possibly looking to do something a bit more formal than a one liner on the official website.........

3 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

I'd imagine, as others have suggested, there could be a few factors. Obviously, with what happened at the weekend, possibly trying to get another signing over the line, getting a well deserved break and preparing for next season it's all been a bit chaotic but yeah I thought we may have had something. Possibly looking to do something a bit more formal than a one liner on the official website.........

I think he is away on transfer business, because I think it was the same case about a fortnight ago.

7 hours ago, WATP84JRL said:

Don't know if am being parra but no seen or heard from him since the cup final. No even a tweet about Barton signing that I've seen.

Keeping everthing inhouse as it should be.

And he'll be leaving Saturdays mess to the appropriate people hoping they'll deal with it in a fit and proper manner.......aye right!

I'm sure he has stated on numerous occasions that he wants to get business done early so he has the players for the full pre-season. 

I would guess he is busy. He also deserves a rest after a long year. Phone call can be made from the beach you know :wink: 

9 hours ago, WATP84JRL said:

Don't know if am being parra but no seen or heard from him since the cup final. No even a tweet about Barton signing that I've seen.

I think, or at least hope when he does comment on the events of the Cup Final, he'll have something very important to say.

I can only hope Scotland's politicians listen to the man.

There is no doubt the gaffer deserves a holiday, unfortunately he does not strike me as the type of person that takes many days off. He will probably never be off the phone/email to Sir Davie, Frank McParland etc, In fact I would not be surprised if he has told his missus to book their holidays in France where he will be looking to catch a couple of the Euro games. 

straight after that final is really the only time he can realistically get a holiday, so I would bet he is on his hols. No doubt keeping in touch though while trying to keep the wife sweet  - "sorry I need to take this call - I'll buy you a new car when we get back".

It aint easy.