Looks like Stubbs gone.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He (Stubbs) doesn't know how to do it (win promotion out of the Scottish Championship that is).  He does know how to lead a team to bottling it.  Consistently at that.     Ok accepted they won the Scottish Cup........we could (and should) have been much better but the plain fact is he was not capable of leading a team to promotion.    

Seems to me that players will jump ship from Hibs.......they will weaken......and a new manager will take a season or so to make an impact.    Result......a prolonged stay in the Championship......(or worse).     So what you say.      Good question.    Only answer is Yippee!!   The longer they stay down and suffer financially the better.       (Just echoing a bit of the bitterness Walter S reminded us of recently). 

Jumped at the first offer, just over a week after they won the World Cup... A bit strange this one, might be reading too much in to it but he might not be fancying the punishment that's heading their way... Does stubbsy know smfin we don't? 

15 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

Jumped at the first offer, just over a week after they won the World Cup... A bit strange this one, might be reading too much in to it but he might not be fancying the punishment that's heading their way... Does stubbsy know smfin we don't? 

They did well getting past Brazil in the semi's tho.:P

2 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Still feels like we lost the World Cup...:p20:

It hurts definitely. But we've won 34 of them (I think) and I'm sure we'll win another 34 by the time Hibs have won another 1. 114 years they average 

2 minutes ago, Gaz52 said:

It hurts definitely. But we've won 34 of them (I think) and I'm sure we'll win another 34 by the time Hibs have won another 1. 114 years they average 

It's easy to win cups when your top of the pile, it's not easy to win it when your in the middle of a rebuilding exercise in the second tier of Scottish Football. Hibs made history by winning the SC, that makes me sick to the stomach, and will do for a long time...no matter how many more there will be (tu)

nothing to do with the punishment from the final, he's doing the smart thing, first scottish cup win for over a century for hibs, he wins it, leaves them and goes down in their history as an absolute hero, stay another season or two, wins fuck all, the scottish cup win is dampened big time, especially when they are still in the championship with united and st mirren

On 31 May 2016 at 10:12 PM, Gaz52 said:

To be honest Gaz .I hate all this guff about Hivs winning the WC and bitching about they have only one it once etc etc 

The fucked us on  a glorious Sunny day and finals as important as that ,don't come around every year .I think sometimes we should show a bit more empathy .Hated Hivs winning it .Hate Hivs 

But they beat us .I would rather it was the other way round .It was an important win and there's no getting away from that 

10 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Hughes seems like the obvious replacement but he's already managed there and flopped.

I think they will go for Peter Houston.

After their carry on about Scott Allan not going to a rival that would be pretty hilarious.  To see them go out an pinch the rival of their main rivals who are now Falkirk. 

8 hours ago, King Jela said:

His time in charge was really bizarre. They looked like they could take on anyone and win in the cups yet when it came to Dumbarton at home (for example) they'd fail miserably. 

This above. He had the players and the system to win games against better opposition as just look at the spl teams they beat last year. But mentally there was something lacking in either Stubbs or his team over the season. They could not handle it when expected to win and only performed when underdogs.

10 hours ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

He's leaving while he still has something to put on his cv (winning the SC) if he stays he runs a big risk of failure to get promoted again, if that happened he'd be unemployable.

Bye, bye

He knows there is no money at Hibs to build a squad and the down sizing will begin. His CV will look good now, so get to England and try and build a career in the lower leagues. I can't blame him for baling out before the shit storm hit.

7 minutes ago, ZZed said:

He knows there is no money at Hibs to build a squad and the down sizing will begin. His CV will look good now, so get to England and try and build a career in the lower leagues. I can't blame him for baling out before the shit storm hit.

Exactly he knows what's coming. No Rangers = No Interest = No money. 

No more loan gifts from the fiddlers. Even if they do, players like stokes and henderson ain't going to play in a league without Rangers. 

Ineffect the only reason they have the Scottish Cup or any decent players is because of us. 

And they are about to find this out.

Much to my enjoyment. 

Brighter than I thought it seems. He knows Hibs are a sinking ship and he's bolted. Doesn't matter they won the Scottish cup or got into Europe. They are still a championship team and will need to downsize. This season was their last chance to get back to the premiership. One or two seasons down in the championship  might be manageable but 3 seasons...you can't stay afloat any longer. 

Hope they enjoyed their cup win cause now reality is kicking in.