Niko Kranjcar Signs Two Year Contract

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

If we keep him fit and he has the desire, he'll be a great player.

Where does he fit in a 4-3-3 though?

He will play in the midfield 3 but I think we may have to alter slightly our shape, last season we had one sitting and the other two box to box, I don't see him working box to box so next season we may have 2 sitting ( with them taking turns to go forward with the other sitting)  with Niko given a more free role with less tracking back.

Just spotted this article from Deportes.Terra.ES;

"The Rangers FC, current name of the historic Glasgow Rangers, has made official Thursday the signing of Croatian international Niko Kranjcar for the next two seasons from the New York Cosmos.

......Besides the Croatian, the Protestant city team of Glasgow has also signed the English Joey Barton (Burnley), Clint Hill (Queens Park Rangers), Jordan Rossiter (Liverpool), Josh Windass (Accrington) and Matt Crooks (Accrington) and Scottish Liam Kelly (East Fife)."

1 minute ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

"The Rangers FC, current name of the historic Glasgow Rangers, has made official Thursday the signing of Croatian international Niko Kranjcar for the next two seasons from the New York Cosmos.

......Besides the Croatian, the Protestant city team of Glasgow has also signed the English Joey Barton (Burnley), Clint Hill (Queens Park Rangers), Jordan Rossiter (Liverpool), Josh Windass (Accrington) and Matt Crooks (Accrington) and Scottish Liam Kelly (East Fife)."

Mate, Terra is the Spanish for Tarrier. Wouldn't worry about it. 

1 minute ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Mate, Terra is the Spanish for Tarrier. Wouldn't worry about it. 

Not worried, I just find it amusing that the Spanish world know we're the historic Rangers when we have our own country in denial. Then the 'Protestant team' comment gave a wry smile and made me think 'getting rarer to see that comment'. You only notice you haven't seen it in a while when it pops up.

Just one extract from worldwide coverage of the transfer I thought I'd share.

4 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

Not worried, I just find it amusing that the Spanish world know we're the historic Rangers when we have our own country in denial. Then the 'Protestant team' comment gave a wry smile and made me think 'getting rarer to see that comment'. You only notice you haven't seen it in a while when it pops up.

Just one extract from worldwide coverage of the transfer I thought I'd share.

I actually think it's slander against us. "The Rangers FC - current name for the historic Glasgow Rangers" implies we've changed names from Glasgow Rangers to The Rangers FC. Fuck them.

13 minutes ago, THE_Ibrox_Preacher said:

The protestant team signing Liam Kelly.

6 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

I actually think it's slander against us. "The Rangers FC - current name for the historic Glasgow Rangers" implies we've changed names from Glasgow Rangers to The Rangers FC. Fuck them.

I tend to think things are always lost in translation and that what was implied was more half-full than your half-empty, the recognition in a line that we're alive and well contrary to the belief of this country. Not that it's needed, I just find it amusing that the world over gets it while the bigoted, hate-filled country that we're presently a part of cannot/isn't-willing-to.

5 hours ago, Dan Deacon said:

None of them. He is a midfield architect. Can spot a pass that others cannot and has the guile to execute killer balls. Decent free kick, great delivery into the box etc. He will pull all the strings in the MF 

Dan good summation of exactly what we were missing last season, this is a player who can open defences with one pass and should be able to get telling passes through to our forwards.  Good signing.