Niko Kranjcar Signs Two Year Contract

We will line up 433 on paper but the way we play and the mobility of the players we have it really means little during the game. We will look more like 415 or even 235 when pressing hard. We play a possession based game rather than a formation based game and that will not change. it's our movement on and off the ball that will be tweaked (possibly depending on who we are playing) but our general approach to the game won't change and neither will the 433 line-up. 

Canny wait! Three weeks tomorrow and live on the box. :gerbad:

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A packed Ibrox will be the perfect stage for this guy ,and if he brings fitness and desire to match his talent then we'll all have a TOP player to enjoy. I see him as a very creative  player who must have the the right players around him to give him his stage so Barton will be crucial for him .80 caps for Croatia tells you ability is guaranteed. 

51 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Disagree. Halliday doesnt offer enough for me. Holt is a far better attacking threat and thats what position they will both be looking to play 

I can see Halliday giving us another option wide left if McKay isn't playing or is subbed. I've always felt Holt is better through the middle and was most dangerous when he was going ahead of Kenny Miller.

Welcome Niko. Great signing - hope he can get his fitness up to full speed. He was brilliant in the premiership. Just hope young Mckay doesn't disappear off the face of the earth now though, as he had a superb season for us, and he is still improving. Maybe Niko can teach him a thing or two. Superb! :)

On 23 June 2016 at 10:23 AM, DietofWorms said:

Wow!. If fit...what a player this boy is.:21:

That's what I was thinking. He has taken his foot off the gas the last couple of seasons, following his model partner around. I'm sure our manager will sort that out though, and get him back to his peak in no time. Look at Forrester - he was terrific for us before his injury, once he got up to speed. Brilliant! :)

Great signing again, the midfield is sorted without doubt (Joey, Niko and the wee man Rossiter), defence maybe one more with Clint added (looking forward to seeing him perform) so the only place for priority to look now is up front and hopefully someone fits the bill there incoming (that is only my opinion and could be a crock of shit).

13 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Great signing.  Also good to see BBC Scotland unable to report on it properly because they have no access!  Reduced to interviewing fans in the queue for season tickets.  Wonderful.  Keep them out.

Catchphrase of the year "Due to an ongoing dispute, we are unable to bring you reaction from anyone at Rangers!!!" Long may it continue.

Good presser he talks well and i especially liked " the whole world knows about Rangers " what a fkin quote 

It's looking very good for next season, just a defender and a striker for me and we'll romp it.

1 hour ago, big blue Fin said:

He was a brilliant player, 81 caps, but he's been playing "soccer" in the MLS, not exactly the best league in the world, although it is improving.

At 31 he's experienced and talented enough to be a huge asset for the club.

Well it's not like the SPL is any better.

Think I just saw him on Hyndland Road when I was out running (or it was his doppelganger). Saw Tav a couple of times in Hyndland as well over the last year so I assume Rangers rent/own properties in the area?

4 hours ago, big blue Fin said:

He was a brilliant player, 81 caps, but he's been playing "soccer" in the MLS, not exactly the best league in the world, although it is improving.

At 31 he's experienced and talented enough to be a huge asset for the club.

not even the mls! think that was more of a brief thing to get his fitness up though

4 hours ago, FSM said:

Think I just saw him on Hyndland Road when I was out running (or it was his doppelganger). Saw Tav a couple of times in Hyndland as well over the last year so I assume Rangers rent/own properties in the area?

Stealth I'm a Stalker post

im in no way prtending to be a rangers fan but having read thru this thread im surprised how folk seem to be ignoring the fact this guy is crocked.!!!    for sure he was a top player in his day but his day is gone, no doubt.   somehow a guy like this sucks up a lot of cash, which possibly could go to developing younger players who will have a longer term impact.

rangers have been out of the top flight for  few years and rather that signing players to make some impact  in the media, they should be signing guys who will grow and develop.

its an underwhelming signing, face it.

2 minutes ago, cheesy bunnet said:

im in no way prtending to be a rangers fan but having read thru this thread im surprised how folk seem to be ignoring the fact this guy is crocked.!!!    for sure he was a top player in his day but his day is gone, no doubt.   somehow a guy like this sucks up a lot of cash, which possibly could go to developing younger players who will have a longer term impact.

rangers have been out of the top flight for  few years and rather that signing players to make some impact  in the media, they should be signing guys who will grow and develop.

its an underwhelming signing, face it.

At least he hasn't touched kids ya peado prick